Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya Porcshe 959 1:24

Funkychiken

The last bit of this build has been painful, i've had to try to fit the chassis into the body 3 times, each time - something broke & fell off - and it didn't fit very well. the chassis sat too far forwrard for the wheels to sit in the wheel arches. I ended up having to cut off two lugs in the engine bay to get it t finally fit...

next pics will be in the finished section! was supposed to be done by Dec, so its nearly 2 months late, but broke the duck for 2020!

20200127_170801.jpg

20200207_182521.jpg

On 2/8/2020 at 6:03 PM, Funkychiken said:

The last bit of this build has been painful, i've had to try to fit the chassis into the body 3 times, each time - something broke & fell off - and it didn't fit very well. the chassis sat too far forwrard for the wheels to sit in the wheel arches. I ended up having to cut off two lugs in the engine bay to get it t finally fit...

next pics will be in the finished section! was supposed to be done by Dec, so its nearly 2 months late, but broke the duck for 2020!

20200127_170801.jpg

20200207_182521.jpg

You stuck to it, and its a beautiful work of art now!!!...love the mirror prop!

Sorry, neglected checking in.  Yea, I think there is a flub in the engineering of final assembly, at the engine end of body to chassis, I had trouble too.   I was not happy with the wheel well gap over the back wheels.  Love the paint color!  So close.......

• 1 month later...
On 7/7/2019 at 12:00 AM, DiscoRover007 said:

The aclad might have a property to it that attracts dust. One thing Ive done recently is to use Tamiya's static brush to use just before painting. It wipes off dust and eliminates the static charge so you are less likely to get imperfections. It's meant to dust off displays models but it works well for painting too.

Good hint. Been using tack clothes but these are difficult for small parts

On 2/9/2020 at 10:03 AM, Funkychiken said:

20200127_170801.jpg

20200207_182521.jpg

Love the color and polish. Great build

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...