Model Cars Magazine Forum

Round2 Feb. 2019 video

ChrisBcritter

Didn't know that wheel set was coming. Cool!

So, looks to me like its a sampling of wheel sets they've tooled up for various kits. 

1) chrome reverse from the 36 Ford

2) chrome wheels with cone center caps from the 29 Ford roadster/34 Ford pickup

3) custom wheelcovers from the 53 Ford pickup

4) 5 spoke Halibrand wheels (possibly from 63 Avanti)

Edited by Mr. Metallic
updated information

I couldn't tell what the mags were supposed to be, even rewinding and freeze-framing several times. He just wouldn't hold them still! And the volume was so low I couldn't hear a word he said. My best guess was Keystones, but who knows?:wacko:

The lower left wheels looked like '63 Corvette wheel covers, but again, who knows? :unsure:

Lower left wheels are the six-blade caps from the '53 Ford pickup.  I've heard them called '61 Buick wheel covers, among other things I can't remember.  Not sure what the five-spokes are; they don't look like anything in any of the reissues to date that I can think of...

I am surprised by how bare bones the Ridgerunner kit is. The decals are a sad, re-pop of the original sheet, and give no options, and the kit itself has few parts. I had mild interest in it, but not after seeing the video. The same for the Trucks. COE's do nothing for me, and the Astro Turbine did make it in, so that is not a kit I want.

I want to support Round2, but it won't be anything from the Feb release list that does it. I'll wait for March.

Just now, Rob Hall said:

The 5 spoke mags on the top right look like those from the Studebaker Avanti reissue from a few years ago.  

I'll agree with that - seems like an odd choice for a parts pack, but I need a couple of sets.  wish they had been easier to see in the video.

Hopefully this means more wheel parts packs are coming - like to see some good newly tooled Cragar five spokes 

I'd prefer '50 Merc caps--the smooth ones.  A set of deep '50 merc wheels is included in the AMT '34 Ford 2 in 1 kit...hmm, I guess I need to buy another of those!

I love that Round 2 is offering a wheel parts pack. The chrome-reverse wheels are the gold here IMHO. The mags and trash-can lids, meh! I'm sure I'd eventually find a use for them though:)

2 hours ago, alexis said:

I am surprised by how bare bones the Ridgerunner kit is. The decals are a sad, re-pop of the original sheet, and give no options, and the kit itself has few parts. I had mild interest in it, but not after seeing the video. The same for the Trucks. COE's do nothing for me, and the Astro Turbine did make it in, so that is not a kit I want.

I want to support Round2, but it won't be anything from the Feb release list that does it. I'll wait for March.

x2

3 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

The 5 spoke mags on the top right look like those from the Studebaker Avanti reissue from a few years ago.  

13D90C64-487D-47E4-8AD6-D82066970B76.jpeg

Yah, those look like what I saw on the video. I THINK. Anyone know what these are supposed to represent? (They'd probably look good on period '60s customs.) 

They do indeed look like the wheels from the Avanti kit. If that's the case they're Halibrand magnesium wheels that were offered as a dealer installed option. I believe they are model number 7011 according to the information I have. Haven't seen them go by any specific name.  

I'm happy to see the wheels offered as a set. Have plenty of projects that can use all those.

Edited by Phirewriter

48 minutes ago, Phirewriter said:

They do indeed look like the wheels from the Avanti kit. If that's the case they're Halibrand magnesium wheels that were offered as a dealer installed option. I believe they are model number 7011 according to the information I have.

I google-imaged that and that's exactly what they seems to be. Thanks! B)

Didn't watch the video, they are too long. I prefer a written press release.

The wheel set is a good idea, they are thinking "outside" the box, maybe bodes well for future releases in parts packs.

Maybe some engine or chassis stuff?

Anything else look interesting?

2 hours ago, Phirewriter said:

They do indeed look like the wheels from the Avanti kit. If that's the case they're Halibrand magnesium wheels that were offered as a dealer installed option. I believe they are model number 7011 according to the information I have. Haven't seen them go by any specific name.  

I'm happy to see the wheels offered as a set. Have plenty of projects that can use all those.

You win a Pony! 

P3166257_zpsh28m6qix.jpg

The great irony of this month's video is, unlike normal ones where maybe a few things might not actually be slated to arrive in a given month...as the distribution list sits now - NONE of the 9 models or the parts pack are actually scheduled for February. 

The '69 GTX "Cabriolet" is still carrying over from not being released last month, and the two kits actually slated are the Imperial & '69 Chevelle.

Edited by niteowl7710

6 hours ago, Spex84 said:

I'd prefer '50 Merc caps--the smooth ones.  A set of deep '50 merc wheels is included in the AMT '34 Ford 2 in 1 kit...hmm, I guess I need to buy another of those!

I love that Round 2 is offering a wheel parts pack. The chrome-reverse wheels are the gold here IMHO. The mags and trash-can lids, meh! I'm sure I'd eventually find a use for them though:)

Yes, those would be even better.