Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dropped the ball & chain and we're moving to.....

SfanGoch

Finally got out of a toxic situation. My son, our cat and I are getting out of a bad deal and moving to a new 2BR pad in Rockaway Park, in Queens, NY. in 2-3 weeks. We'll be only a block away from the beach and still close enough to go back to my old nabe of Greenpernt and see old friends. It was long overdue; but, I was able to finally pull it off. It ain't, as Ralph Kramden says, Park Avenue; but, it's plenty swell enough for us. Now, we can take Fmeep to the boardwalk for his daily constitutionals. Chicks love cats.  :D 

Considering the hell we had to deal with, living in a refrigerator packing crate on the corner of Nassau Avenue and Russell Street would have been a quality of life improvement. :D We were hoping to get a place in Bensonhurst; but, that didn't pan out. The main consideration was that my kid has a fairly quick subway and/or limited stop bus commute to and from school (approx. 50 minutes) and his weekend job (approx. 30 minutes). Living just a five minute walk south to the beach, the Rockaway/ Brooklyn/Long Island City Ferry Terminal just two blocks north and the fact we have a yard are added bonuses. 

• 2 weeks later...