Model Cars Magazine Forum

I am in need of an air dam for a 240z project that I am currently working on. It is in 1/24 scale. I do not know of one that is available but perhaps someone can shed some light on this situation for me. If it is unavailable I will have to make one. So that leads to the question of how should I go about that? I will attach a picture of what I am after.

Thanks,

Evans

I'd bend a piece of wide Evergreen strip to make the basic air dam. After that's dry, I'd add a piece of quarter round across the bottom and flare in the down sides. Once dry, you could sand the back side to make it less bulky.Not hard but time consuming as the glue has to be dry.

there was a yellow one I cant remember the name but its molded in yellow, it might have this, its a racing one

I have several 240Z kits; all unbuilt, as I am a Z nut, having bought one in 1970 (restored it in the '80's, wrote the book HOW TO RESTORE YOUR DATSUN 240Z, and sold the car to Nissan USA in about '96 for their display) but I don't like the looks, however functional, of the air dam.

I might be able to source you that part if it's on one of mine, if you want to swap something, or ??  I don't recall if 1:24 pr 25.  I don't mind raiding the kit because I'm not a kit collector, per se, but a builder.  I'll have to dig them out, oc, and take a look.  Building one from scratch is a pain, but good fall-back tactic.

I"m mostly finishing kits I bought in HS, c. 1969-63 -- at age 73.  Don't wait too late; it gets more difficult as physical probs set in with age!!

Wick Humble

If you could look through your stash and see what you have I would appreciate it. I would be willing to trade some stuff for one. Let me know what you have.

Thanks,

Evans