Model Cars Magazine Forum

68 dart

tbill

Another box art build, not a bad kit, just wish I had payed more attention to the wheel well/decal arrangement, but like an idiot, I followed the instructions rather than plan ahead, lol. Added a MAD distributor and coil, otherwise, it’s out of the box.

D31D6045-B937-45F3-AFEE-C136E761F5B8.jpeg

DF2E0F8B-6116-4D95-9D94-79831D48D63B.jpeg

A4F86F58-66C8-4B71-8974-69AFD91643C1.jpeg

C65FAB91-8B55-4038-87AD-1E93C2DB7F35.jpeg

19F55452-D141-4016-BA07-EA9450C572DF.jpeg

Great looking paint and trim. Very good decal work and there're a lot of decals. I didn't really notice the rear wheel opening and decals until you mentioned it. About the only thing you could do is "square" the wheel opening to match. Great looking engine details also. 

This Dart looks fantastic! The engine detail, and the foiling is perfect. I wouldn’t have noticed the rear wheels until you mentioned it. Real race cars are far from perfect. You did this one justice. 

So basically you have to mock up the decals before you modify the rear wheel openings?  

I plan on buying this kit, and wasn’t aware of any problems. I did read a review a while back that it could use more race parts. 

Ok, that didn’t work, lol. Anyway, thanks guys, appreciate the positive comments.

as to the decal situation, inside the body there is a an area that is molded slightly differently that is the ‘template’ for wheel well modification, for some reason I was thinking this would also approximate the shape of the decal, it’s close, but no cigar:unsure: