Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mack Rs712l Rubber Duck

11 hours ago, Detroit Dave said:

Sweet- Had the AMT version years ago and it was so very wrong.

Am looking forward to ur build.

DM.

You mean the old ERTL version right?
I bought one back in the day when the kit first came out and it's very bad and not worth the money they ask for them today, you will get a AITM resin kit wich is much closer to what the movie truck looks like for about the same money.
The ERTL kit is their regular DM 600 with some added parts to make it look more like the Rubber Duck truck...but they failed miserably as the built model looks nothing like the movie truck at all.
The only usable parts from that kit if you want to do a model of the Rubber Duck truck from the movie is the bull bar, the grille, the air foil for the roof, the hood ornament and some of the decals...you can't even use the sleeper they included, it's too short and the wrong style.
The rest of the kit is more suited to do something else from.

I will follow this.

Edited by Force

Yes sir in the UK it was sold as AMT/ERTL so were talking about the same kit :-)

I have been on the update mailing list from AITM for the resin upgrade to RS712LST a long time now but they say it's out of stock.

I already have the AMT - R685ST in stash and ready.

Have a great day - 10-10 we gone.

DM.