[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

Board Maintenance   03/14/2019

The board is going offline Monday, March 25, at 8:15 PM PDT for maintenance. See posting in General.
Sign in to follow this  
RDean58

Revell 1960 Impala

I started this one way back in 2009, I painted it with a large can of red paint but decided I didn't like that color. I dragged it out today and did a quick color change using Tamiya TS-11 maroon. Before and after shots.

8.jpg

I discovered I have another 60 in the box  that I want to paint turquoise, so instead of repainting the wheels again, I borrowed them from this project car.

60_Imp_01.jpg

Thinking about what to do with the project car, I shot it TS-11 maroon and put some tires and wheels on it from the Revell 59 Corvette kit. Plans call for a grey interior and bucket seats and center console from the parts car AMT 67 SS 427 kit.

60_Imp_02.jpg

60_Imp_03.jpg

Thanks for looking, all comments welcomed.

While I'm more of the brighter Red fan the Maroon color looks good also. I would also try to set the stance more like the red car also. 

I like both colors but I prefer the burgundy over the cherry. Those wheels look great with her.

Love these cars in just about any color; even have a stalled project 59 in solid yellow, and a 60 in copper with white roof.

Either color looks great, I love the rake as in the first pic, gives it that tough look. Keep it going Robert.B)

I have the interior painted and sitting in the body, now it sits like it did when it was red.

1960_Imp_04.jpg

8.jpg

1960_Imp_05.jpg

Valve covers from AMT 57 Pepper shaker, air cleaner from the new release Revell 60 Impala. Yes, they make aluminum heads for the 409/348 now adays.

1960_Imp_06.jpg

Custom bucket seats are from the AMT 40 Ford sedan delivery.

1960_Imp_07.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Oooooo, I like. I can't wait to see it finished, that is gonna be way cool Robert.:wub:B)

Interior done! (Except for the dash.)

1960_Imp_08.jpg

Engine done!

1960_Imp_09.jpg

Since I had a boo boo in the paint on the passenger side, I decided to hide it by putting on the flame decals!

1960_Imp_10.jpg

1960_Imp_11.jpg.

It's coming along pretty good.  Thanks for looking and all comments.