Model Cars Magazine Forum

How cold is it where you live?

drag racer 15

I’m cheating a little because I’m currently on vacation in Cancun Mexico, but the temp here right now, (11:40 PM) is 79 degrees.

In contrast, where we will be tomorrow night, at home in west central Minnesota, the current temp is -22 below zero.

A 101 degree difference in a few hours is going to be quite a shock to the system!

Steve

I currently live in Maryland and it has been in the 50's for much of this past week. Last year I bought some land in Montana so I have been checking the temps there daily. Earlier in the week if was -12°F and the wind chill made it feel like -30°F. I will be retired when I move there, so I won't need to go outside.  I will just stare out the window at the landscape.

It's 17F this morning here in the Cleveland area with a little fresh snow.  it was 60F Thursday evening...February has been very up and down, with a couple days of below zero highs the week before with the polar vortex.   I don't think I'd want to live anywhere colder.   When I lived in Colorado, there were nights occasionally below zero.   

1 hour ago, Xingu said:

I currently live in Maryland and it has been in the 50's for much of this past week. Last year I bought some land in Montana so I have been checking the temps there daily. Earlier in the week if was -12°F and the wind chill made it feel like -30°F. I will be retired when I move there, so I won't need to go outside.  I will just stare out the window at the landscape.

Have family in Missoula and I use to live over the border in Spokane.  When you retire there, be sure you have a good stock of models.  Winters get very long and boring.  Worst part is the very short daylight hours.  Good luck with cabin fever.  It is very real!  ;)

Thursday I wore a T-shirt to work, it was in the high 70's tickling the 80's; this morning I will need to wear my overcoat to church it is 24 degrees.  And they are predicting a possible wintry mix for overnight, glad I have tomorrow off.  It will be a good day to begin on reconstructing my basement work space after having some drainage work done down there.

6 hours ago, TarheelRick said:

Thursday I wore a T-shirt to work, it was in the high 70's tickling the 80's; this morning I will need to wear my overcoat to church it is 24 degrees.  And they are predicting a possible wintry mix for overnight, glad I have tomorrow off.  It will be a good day to begin on reconstructing my basement work space after having some drainage work done down there.

Same here, but I'm not that far away from you.  60s-70s earlier in the week, temp dropped and cloudy yesterday.  Today is colder and darker. Went out to the store a little while ago and some rain mixed with sleet hit me as I came out.  Expecting more of the same later.

Reporting from the Philadelphia 'burbs...  It's been 20s - 30s here and we got an inch or so of snow overnight.  Not enough to even bring out a shovel, all of the hard surfaces were melted by noon.  TV reports are that we are having more snow overnight and into tomorrow.  Of course they are hyping it as the end of civilization as we know it.  I have beer and frozen pizza on hand. I have models to build.  I'm good.   Dollars to donuts it won't amount to anything.