Model Cars Magazine Forum

How cold is it where you live?

drag racer 15

6 inches of snow last night and the low was in the single digits. Today nice and sunny and mid 20's maybe. I guess 2 more storms headed this way over the weekend. It's cold enough outside still that I can'y play "Chuck It" with Ben as the ball freezes into the Chuck It. LOL:)

1 hour ago, Tom Geiger said:

The other day I got tired of not knowing exactly how cold it was, so I went to Lowes and bought an outdoor thermometer.   So I know it's exactly 38 degrees out my back window.

Too much work..I just check a weather app on my phone...close enough. 

The wife was off today and suggested we go to breakfast and go shopping. She know she has me at eating breakfast out. So we roll out of the garage and the car shows the temp as it was inside the garage. The dash said it was 48 and by the time I got about four blocks from our house it settled at 14. besides the overcast sky's the wind is blowing  at 15 to 20 mph, so ya it was a little cold this morning. 

Driving into work this morning the car's thermometer read 1 degree.  I believe we were -15 to -20 with the wind chill.  High of 19 degrees.  Looks like 27 tomorrow.  I know many of you are dealing with colder temps than these, but the average high for us around here is supposed to be in the 50's. 

The hot weather will be here before too long and we will be complaining about it as well.

I was in New Jersey this weekend and came home last evening, just as the latest "storm of the century" was starting.  As we drove west to Pennsylvania we drove into it and it was raining and turned to snow as we watched the temperature drop from 40 to 30 over the 1.5 hr trip.  A few inches of snow, no storm by any measure!

By morning it was 40 degrees and the snow has been melting all day.  I moved some of it off the cars and driveway and it was wet and heavy.  The roads were clear for the drive time this morning,  waiting to see if it all freezes over night.