Model Cars Magazine Forum

MPC 1932 Chrysler roadster

bbowser

17 hours ago, Richard Bartrop said:

If anything, I'd give the edge to the Imperial.  It's one of the best looking of an already good looking bunch.

I agree. The Imperial was blatant copy of the Cord L-29 but to a lot of eyes (including mine) the Imperial was a significant improvement. 

On 7/18/2020 at 3:53 PM, Eric Macleod said:

I agree. The Imperial was blatant copy of the Cord L-29 but to a lot of eyes (including mine) the Imperial was a significant improvement. 

When Harley Earl first tackled the Cadillac and LaSalle, he copied a Hispano-Suiza, so there was some creative borrowing in other companies as well.

I think I'd have to give the edge to the Imperial over the L-29 as well.  Not that I'd turn up my nose at one.

Now you've got me wanting to finish off my Imperial convertible sedan.

Edited by Richard Bartrop

8 hours ago, Richard Bartrop said:

When Harley Earl first tackled the Cadillac and LaSalle, he copied a Hispano-Suiza, so there was some creative borrowing in other companies as well.

I think I'd have to give the edge to the Imperial over the L-29 as well.  Not that I'd turn up my nose at one.

Now you've got me wanting to finish off my Imperial convertible sedan.

Tell me when you want to get back on yours and I will join you for a mini group build.

2 hours ago, Eric Macleod said:

Tell me when you want to get back on yours and I will join you for a mini group build.

I was thinking of putting some paint on it this weekend, so that sounds like a great idea.  In fact I'm thinking it might be fun to expand it into a general classic CPB.

Edited by Richard Bartrop

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Well I finally unstapled my wallet and bought the gangbusters release of the 28 Lincoln and the 32 Chrysler. The Lincoln was re-issued in 96 and I still found one reasonably priced! I have one I bought a couple of decades ago that's mostly assembled and don't feel like wrestling that. Any body got a foolproof de-gluing technique?

The 32 Chryler has limited pinstriping decals:

DSC_9195.JPG.e1e11b9affd3636ccce09af2ca2d380a.JPG

It's only got white pinstriping which I suppose is fine if you're not doing a white car. The seventies edition had white and black but like most MPC decals of this era, they didn't hold up well. They've got the pin striping for the engine louvers but none of the restorations I've seen show these as being used. I have seen other colors, red, amber, green being used; wonder if someone with more talent than me ever did these decals?

Cheers,

Doc