Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ferrari 550 Maranello - Fujimi

Kemszi

22 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

No engine, what fun is that?  ;)  Looks like you're off to a good start.  The Fujumi curbsides are nice kits.

I agree. To my knowledge, and aside from re-releasing Enthusiast Model kits once in a while, they hardly do any fully detailed kits anymore. But then again, 82 parts on this kit is more than I'd expect, so it's a more detailed kind of curbside kit. 

thank you guys for the big attention :)

The bottom of the car is almost ready

IMG_20190211_222442.thumb.jpg.ca5549de2ded3e6751b6bc39fcfbdb74.jpg

IMG_20190211_222414.thumb.jpg.2b2a9536ae0ee0e55f33711706ef1fa7.jpg

as I wrote it is very simple kit, almost everything molded to the chassis,and there is no spring/shock absorber...so it's not a big challange to build it...

let's see the interior:
The plan:the upper part is black, and the bottom half is beige/brown
but first i made a backplate for the seats
IMG_20190211_222533.thumb.jpg.f6776293c24bffbdbfca396003be6c36.jpg

Looking great! One the most beautiful Ferraris ever made and one of my favorites.  Years ago, when there were no kits of this car, I started modifyng a diecast body. When I was almost done with the body, Fujimi released this kit.  It is still buried in a box somewhere.  Maybe I'll finish it some day.

Thanks,

On 2/11/2019 at 10:53 AM, 89AKurt said:

Perhaps someone will come out with an engine detail kit.  I have four for other kits already.

Revell did a full-detail 1/24 575 SA and it's a pretty good kit, mix & match w/the Fujimi 550...

10 hours ago, ismaelg said:

Looking great! One the most beautiful Ferraris ever made and one of my favorites.  Years ago, when there were no kits of this car, I started modifyng a diecast body. When I was almost done with the body, Fujimi released this kit.  It is still buried in a box somewhere.  Maybe I'll finish it some day.

Thanks,

I did the exact same thing! :D I did build my Fujimi 550, and used the Burago 550's seats, so it wasn't a complete waste...they were much better than the blocky Fujimi seats.

• 3 months later...