Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Charger 500

justanothermopar

As I had the camera still ready I just took another Mopar out of the shelve, cleaned it from the dust and made some pictures. As far as I remember it was out of the box except the hood and the wheels. Well, I guess the kit is known to be not one of the best. Anyway, to complete the b-body collection it turns out quite OK. Color is model master dark bronze out of the spray can. Very nice color which gives nice impressions under different lights (can see at the last two pictures).

P1660914x.jpg

P1660918x.jpg

P1660921x.jpg

P1660922x.jpg

P1660923x.jpg

P1660917x.jpg

• Like 4

Very nice Charger. I agree that the color is indeed very nice. 

Do you remember if it was the AMT, or the MPC kit?

Im not even sure if either kit was a reissue, but I’d like to build one, and was wondering  which was the better kit.

Edited by Brutalform

On 10.2.2019 at 6:15 PM, Brutalform said:

Very nice Charger. I agree that the color is indeed very nice. 

Do you remember if it was the AMT, or the MPC kit?

Im not even sure if either kit was a reissue, but I’d like to build one, and was wondering  which was the better kit.

It was the AMT kit. I little strange kit as the box is showing wheels and air cleaner which were not part of the kit. With taking below photo I also just recognized that the number plate of the car is stating "69 GTX".

P1660924x.JPG

Hi everyone. Thanks a lot for your compliments. As already mentioned that kit is a bit strange one and even more funny it was when they used the same for the Dukes of Hazard. But the race version parts including some engine upgrades and a cool tire/wheel combo is a nice extra which I partly already used for the Superbee I just finished.

Anyhow, I also like how it turned out and it makes a good part of the collection.

Cheers....

1 hour ago, justanothermopar said:

Hi everyone. Thanks a lot for your compliments. As already mentioned that kit is a bit strange one and even more funny it was when they used the same for the Dukes of Hazard. But the race version parts including some engine upgrades and a cool tire/wheel combo is a nice extra which I partly already used for the Superbee I just finished.

Anyhow, I also like how it turned out and it makes a good part of the collection.

Cheers....

Very nice build!

I bought that kit in that box as well. The box art car had the entire chassis, engine and engine compartment from the 69 GTX! Notice the front sway bar! Just like you stated it had none of those parts in it and the Daytona hood instead of the correct 69 hood. The hood issue has been that way since the 80s. The last issue I know of that had the correct hood was molded in yellow from the 80's

• 4 years later...

I own a T5 copper bronze metalic Charger 500. It's a hemi automatic car, with tan interior and a black tail stripe. Identical to the one you built. Always love running across builds that mimic real cars.

Edited by 69_500
mistake