Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cougar II

bh1701

Some photos of my recent Cougar II model. I remember building it as a kid and wanted to try it again. I pretty much disabled all of the features it had (windows that went up and down, retractable lights, opening doors and truck, steerable wheels, etc.) since I remember that they seemed to be pretty finicky and never worked all that well and I felt they detracted from the model. All in all, I am really satisfied with how this kit turned out!

Thanks,

Bart

IMG_0288.JPG.826e16f9f3136d6c58a3fb73f2431191.JPG

IMG_0287.JPG.4a56ef625cf778385e94019144e75329.JPG

IMG_0289.JPG.831a45bbd42c60229f4ca8f61e453aa2.JPG

Very nice! I too attempted to build this as a kid in the 70's and lost interest due to all the finicky moving parts. I have one of these in my build stash, after seeing yours, I want to move it up the list to build, and I too will opt for non-moving parts build. Thanks to post this one! 

Thanks for all the kind comments on my work! To answer one of the questions, I used Tamiya TS-39 Mica Red as the color for the body. The actual color on the model may be a bit darker than how it came out in the photos.

...and for all of you who mentioned you have one of these kits and haven't built it yet, take your time and be patient. It is quite a bugger to build!

Bart

This is the only IMC kit I have not built (out of all the GT40's J Car, Mustang II) but it looks similar to the AMT 289 Cobra (chassis and engine) and you can find the Testors or Lindbergh versions pretty cheap so there's isn't much to lose if the frustration level gets too high.