Model Cars Magazine Forum

50 Shades of Chebby salt flat truck

You do realize that since you sectioned a V8 engine for this project you now officially qualify for "section eight". That used to be the term used for soldiers who were eligible for a discharge from service for psychological reasons. Before anyone goes all negative on me for mentioning this,I hold all military service personnel In the highest possible regard and this is only a nod to the builder for throwing yet another crazy log on the fire. One more step toward the twilight zone.

2 hours ago, misterNNL said:

You do realize that since you sectioned a V8 engine for this project you now officially qualify for "section eight". That used to be the term used for soldiers who were eligible for a discharge from service for psychological reasons. Before anyone goes all negative on me for mentioning this,I hold all military service personnel In the highest possible regard and this is only a nod to the builder for throwing yet another crazy log on the fire. One more step toward the twilight zone.

I qualify for a lot!!!!!!!!!! LOL.... Me Kray Kray!! Besides Tom, I've been to the Twilight Zone and back multiple times..... Need to find another area to go to for awhile..... Maybe!! Maybe?? Area 51???? Hmmm??? Yeah??? I think so!!!!! Packing my bags now, and away we go...................

3 minutes ago, misterNNL said:

Good to know. As long as you have the time,  I have lots of ideas to fuel your fever.

hee hee, I like ideas......... Note to self, get bigger fuel tank!!! CONTACT!!! Ignition!!! FIRE!!!!! Big cloud of smoke and away we go!!!

16 hours ago, U_ser_ID said:

Some are better than others at hacking things up. Lol

You're right on that one....

16 hours ago, Sam I Am said:

Both....both is good. ?

I think I tossed those ideas to the wayside, another idea popped into my weird mind and I'm gonna try it. If it don't work, I'll sand and prime and repeat!!!

12 hours ago, gotnitro? said:

So much fun to watch this develop

I'd grab a bag of popcorn but dr said I cant eat it anymore..bummed 

Well Jeff, can ya eat chips? You can take a popcorn bag and fill it with chips or whatever ya like!! No one will ever know about it!! Wink wink!!! LOL

26 minutes ago, gotnitro? said:

Well Jeff, can ya eat chips? You can take a popcorn bag and fill it with chips or whatever ya like!! No one will ever know about it!! Wink wink!!! 

Great idea !!!

•  

LOL!!!

Well all, she's in paint!!! Not sure how it looks as the masks are still on it. One more coat of red and they will come off and I'll see how it looks!!! Oh and it's not 50 shades of grey but it is three different colors!!!!

WELL!!!! As of this weekend it was red white and blue!! Shot the clear over it and the blue crazed under the clear...... So now it's a bird of a different color!!! It's green!!

Body section is mostly done, engine is almost done, just bent the tubes for the turbo's today! Thank you to Rick Chupa for the supplied turbos!! They look awesome on top of this power house...

So the question is!! Do you want to see the progress thus far? Or should I tease you all and make you wait for the finished build?? HMMMMmmmm???????

Ok! Here it is so far!! Didn’t have time to work on it tonight. Taking it to work to cut windows tomorrow. 

Side shot

2A752362-F3D4-4D4B-B772-BD19EF682013.thumb.jpeg.c13074ffd5b562532f567fb031a94713.jpeg

back end with exhaust, body release pins and push bar

7619299B-EDA3-4F23-A8D4-35AC333395DA.thumb.jpeg.c20d2d3ba1aa76b4fd32bed140005025.jpeg

AB0791EC-7586-408D-B94D-5F46872AB62F.thumb.jpeg.dbbaad5ef4cb47eff13e3ed838b69dc6.jpeg

Paying homage to my club Kustom Kemp’s in Miniature!

CC000947-4E81-43C8-8355-CA8D223D589B.thumb.jpeg.c7b03f75a5835009d8620fd58e3781a4.jpeg

Being built to look like a one piece funny car styled body, hinged in front with release pins/handles in back.

DD46FCE7-B2A1-463A-A3BC-DB7C9359FE6B.thumb.jpeg.46e8db0bc8f1753bc0cfa41820a924a6.jpeg

481A7513-EAAE-4127-90EF-7E28AA23E56F.thumb.jpeg.e7ba33ea95daa0f4dffef1147c28d0cf.jpeg

engine shots will be later!!