Model Cars Magazine Forum

What diecast did you get today?

Gramps46

Placed an order for two Oxford Diecast Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud I models in 1:43 scale the other day, and today I ordered a Franklin Mint 1922 Rolls-Royce Phantom I, also in 1:43 scale..... the first two are direct from Oxford Diecast and the Franklin Mint was on Ebay.

The Smoke Green Silver Cloud has only just been released, and it was the very last Silver Cloud I to be produced in 1959, registration number XGO 999, and the other Silver Cloud is all black....... 1922 Phantom I is blue, and these are not as easy to find as the larger 1:24 scale Phantom I cars.

David

43RSC003_2.jpg

43RSC003_10be82f0-c0bc-464e-b178-24e52d937bce_1024x1024.jpg

s-l1600 (19).jpg

s-l1600 (23).jpg

20 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

Yea!  Some folks know I had a 1:1 1965 Barracuda for many years.  I couldn't pass up buying this in Walmart yesterday!

I was really stoked to discover this in the store. It brings back the days when I could go to a hobby shop and see kits I didn't know exist.  But we're much too informed these days to do that anymore!

I have this one in red with white stripe and the multi colored paint swatch version.  Nice little cars.

On 11/21/2019 at 9:55 PM, Snake45 said:

Before and after Snake-Fu. It turns out to be darn close to 1/25. Full report when I have more time. 

Nice!  Don't forget that the windshield posts are chromed over.   Faired over for aero on the real ones.   Otherwise you're just building a tribute replica.  LOL

got this cheap from ebay, since nobody make a plastic kit (the lemans car would be awesome) of the bentley I got this cheap diecast. I think it is a little under scale but once its been modded (stance, wheels, brakes and a repaint in black with red interior) it should fit well with the rest of my vw family of builds. the proportions look pretty good to me and the wheels will fit a bug kinda well

DSC05631.JPG

DSC05632.JPG

3 hours ago, randyc said:

Nice!  Don't forget that the windshield posts are chromed over.   Faired over for aero on the real ones.   Otherwise you're just building a tribute replica.  LOL

Yes, I know. Thought about that, and decided not to. Yes, I did it as a current day tribute/clone/replica for reasons I'll explain when I get around to doing the full writeup. B)

19 hours ago, stitchdup said:

got this cheap from ebay, since nobody make a plastic kit (the lemans car would be awesome) of the bentley I got this cheap diecast. I think it is a little under scale but once its been modded (stance, wheels, brakes and a repaint in black with red interior) it should fit well with the rest of my vw family of builds. the proportions look pretty good to me and the wheels will fit a bug kinda well

DSC05632.JPG

Who makes this Bentley?  I see lots of Braha Bentleys and 1/18 Maistos but not this one.

3 hours ago, Gramps46 said:

Who makes this Bentley?  I see lots of Braha Bentleys and 1/18 Maistos but not this one.

Its looks like it was made by a company called toy kings in hong kong and imported to the uk by asoa stores. theres also what looks to be 2 other logos, one saying msz and the other a 3d pic of a box with some writting i cant make out. I think it may be one thats more likely to be found under toys than diecasts

3 hours ago, stitchdup said:

Its looks like it was made by a company called toy kings in hong kong and imported to the uk by asoa stores. theres also what looks to be 2 other logos, one saying msz and the other a 3d pic of a box with some writting i cant make out. I think it may be one thats more likely to be found under toys than diecasts

Thanks Leslie and Randy for the info.  I have seen the Welly but was not aware of the cabriolet.

Well been a bit bad this week lol. 

Finally got a 1;25 AG 32 Ford with Milner figure after missing a few due them going for crazy money. Just need Toad, Debbie & Wolfman........

Also 1;24 Action Silverado crew cab with trailer & NASCAR (car will be sold on as not my thing) along with an Action Bass boat

I have a white GTO.    Might have to have the 442 if I ever see one locally.  

Or I might just be happy with what I have for now.   Got a lot to liquidate before consider more additions.  

I did lower my GTO and detail the wheels.   As it sat, seemed too high or needed bigger wheels.  My attempts to find a workable set of wheels/tires fell flat, so I drilled new axle holes about the existing ones and lowered it down on the tires some.  Looks much better to me.  No photo though.

22 minutes ago, Gramps46 said:

As ewetwo noted Rite Aid has a sale this week on Wellys, buy one get a second 50% off.  I happened to be out of town and spied a Rite Aid and snagged these two, a '68 442 and a '69 GTO.

20191127_111448.jpg.3d2dae33a3cfcc510397da02bcdc570f.jpg

HA! I have both of those, those colors too! Both Snake-Fued, but I haven't shown the Judge here yet. 

Both are slightly undersized, maybe 1/26, but look good on the shelf with 1/25 models. I like the Judge better than the Monogram 1/24, which looks huge on the shelf next to say AMT's '69 Chevelle. 

And, as a bonus, the Judge has the relatively rare exposed headlights! 

25 minutes ago, randyc said:

I have a white GTO.    Might have to have the 442 if I ever see one locally.  

Or I might just be happy with what I have for now.   Got a lot to liquidate before consider more additions.  

I did lower my GTO and detail the wheels.   As it sat, seemed too high or needed bigger wheels.  My attempts to find a workable set of wheels/tires fell flat, so I drilled new axle holes about the existing ones and lowered it down on the tires some.  Looks much better to me.  No photo though.

I agree they both sit too high on their wheels and should be lowered. The look like they are launching off the starting line at the strip.

My local Rite-Aid has a diecast free standing rack in the aisle, but only has smaller scale cars!  Ratz!

Many years ago, has to be 11-12 years ago since I worked there, our group secretary told me her husband had a  GTO.  I checked with my friendly diecast dealer and found the car in the right color.  I asked her for the plate info, and made a pair on the Acme site.  I put them on the car with photo etched frames and he was very pleased!

The three 1:43 scale diecast model cars arrived yesterday..... particularly impressive is that Oxford Diecast have got the correct registration number plates on the Smoke Green Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud I, and also they have not put thin white walls on the tyres, which is also correct.

David

100_2303.JPG

100_2245.JPG

100_2266.JPG

On 11/27/2019 at 12:43 PM, 57peppershaker said:

Well been a bit bad this week lol. 

Finally got a 1;25 AG 32 Ford with Milner figure after missing a few due them going for crazy money. Just need Toad, Debbie & Wolfman........

Also 1;24 Action Silverado crew cab with trailer & NASCAR (car will be sold on as not my thing) along with an Action Bass boat

Guy sent wrong Action boat, but was same no 29 Goodwrench as Silverado so worked out better. Crew cab needs lowering but heres a quick pic. Bass boat is very detailed and heavy with a nice detailed trailer.

20191128_080807.jpg

Edited by 57peppershaker