Model Cars Magazine Forum

What diecast did you get today?

Gramps46

14 minutes ago, Gramps46 said:

Very nice combo.  Tell us more.

Both are 1;24 Action brand. Crew cab is nice, shame no rear window is cast in so I will prob 'paint' one on rather than trying to cut it out. I also have a 2005 Action Silverado crew cab that does include side rear and back window but is bigger compared to the 1998 ?? Will get a pic of the 2 together but here is the 05 with a Jada crew cab.

Never having seen the real version of the boat, are Bass boats generally bigger than Crew cabs ?

s-l1600 (21).jpg

I just got a big box from Randy with some super models from the Todd Hilton Collection.   The front row are Mint models and the back row are Maisto and BBurago Ferraris.

I really appreciate Randy's handling of the collection for Todd's widow and making these model available to us.

20191203_115529.jpg.dfdbccc49e545b6611dfb52ca69ad3d2.jpg

On 4/26/2019 at 2:13 PM, Gramps46 said:

After a few months of not finding anything at Rite Aid today I finally found a Welly 2017 Corvette Z06.  No engine but overall it looks pretty good and is a bargain.

20190426_140406.jpg.9df310ddb5f4e41821239afc99a1f41b.jpg20190426_140423.jpg.bfc8546723b1d65abf47fcf5e849a9f9.jpg20190426_140444.jpg.ff2d902f059bd1ded98f8afb7699f284.jpg

Now I REALLY need one of these. The January 2020 calendar car is an orange 2019, and I can't come close to matching either the Musclecar or Camaro January cars (although I have a blue '67 Shelby for the Mustang). Will be hitting at least one Rite-Aid this Sunday. Maybe two. Might have to break down and order one from DMW. I wonder if they come in orange? 

20 hours ago, Gramps46 said:

I just got a big box from Randy with some super models from the Todd Hilton Collection.   The front row are Mint models and the back row are Maisto and BBurago Ferraris.

I really appreciate Randy's handling of the collection for Todd's widow and making these model available to us.

Thanks for posting these up.   This is the SECOND time I've sold that Porsche.   Todd had a few cars I sold him.   And I really hate to sell the Jags.  I want one, just not sure where it fits in my collection.  I've had this one and a coupe, both ended up with Gramps.   Thanks Gramps.

11 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Now I REALLY need one of these. The January 2020 calendar car is an orange 2019, and I can't come close to matching either the Musclecar or Camaro January cars (although I have a blue '67 Shelby for the Mustang). Will be hitting at least one Rite-Aid this Sunday. Maybe two. Might have to break down and order one from DMW. I wonder if they come in orange? 

Dang those new Vettes look really nice.   Seems like I am ending up with a Corvette section; may have to find one of these for my own someday.  

Flea Market Day. The only plastic kits for sale were glue-bombs or unwanted. But I did find a Danbury Mint '48 Chrysler Town & Country, still in the box with the paperwork and reasonably priced. 

A few years ago I found one of those at the same flea market. It was unboxed and suffering from the dreaded "die-cast rash" on the upper surfaces.  I bought it just for parts, like the nice separate door/window handles.  (Pic stolen from the internet, the one I got today is identical.)

dm330.jpg

On 11/27/2019 at 12:43 PM, 57peppershaker said:

Well been a bit bad this week lol. 

Finally got a 1;25 AG 32 Ford with Milner figure after missing a few due them going for crazy money. Just need Toad, Debbie & Wolfman........

Also 1;24 Action Silverado crew cab with trailer & NASCAR (car will be sold on as not my thing) along with an Action Bass boat

Just bit the (expensive) bullet and got a Wolfman after a very long time. Just need Debbie & Toad now. Jeez, I wish they would re-issue these figures.

1 hour ago, Mike999 said:

Flea Market Day. The only plastic kits for sale were glue-bombs or unwanted. But I did find a Danbury Mint '48 Chrysler Town & Country, still in the box with the paperwork and reasonably priced. 

A few years ago I found one of those at the same flea market. It was unboxed and suffering from the dreaded "die-cast rash" on the upper surfaces.  I bought it just for parts, like the nice separate door/window handles.  (Pic stolen from the internet, the one I got today is identical.)

That's like an "essential" Mint car.   Every collection should (and does?) have one.  I have the FM and DM versions.   Both were pretty inexpensive.  And yes this one seems VERY susceptible to paint rash.  I've seen some really bad ones out there.  

At this point, there are very few "perfect" paint cars.  Box kept cars are no better than displayed cars.  Apparently waxing seems to be the best preventative for the rash, from what I've read.  But anyone selling a car as "perfect paint" might be telling a story.  But I have sold one that was dang close if not perfect.  I could not find a single spot of rash.  68 Vette I think.  The Orange FM car.  Gramps or Snake may have bought it - can't remember.  Or someone else completely.

Good find on the Chrysler.  

On 12/3/2019 at 9:15 PM, Snake45 said:

So it turns out Motor Max does an orange one (like the yellow one I saw a Walmart about a month ago). Welly has red and yellow. This weekend is the local toy show, followed by my monthly visit to the Rite Aid in the next town. If I don't find one (in any color) at Walmart Saturday, or the toy show or Rite Aid on Sunday, I'll order the orange one from DMW, which has a 10% off sale going on till midnight Sunday. 

Edited by Snake45

While browsing on Ebay, as you do, I was studying a 1959 Morris LD 150 Royal Mail Van by City Vitesse in 1:43 scale, when I noticed the price.... this van model had a missing cab mirror, and also a badly cracked perspex case, and was priced at £24.99 GBP, which is a typical price actually. Then further down the screen I could see an identical model but priced at £4.99 GBP, with no missing parts or damage..... at £20.00 GBP cheaper it had to be that one . At first, I thought it was a starting bid price, but it was a ' Buy it Now '

David

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (9).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Today at the toy show, I got a Federated '64 GTO and a Maisto C5 Z06 Corvette hardtop, both new in the box, $15 each. Not boad

And I just ordered from DMW an orange 2017 Vette, red '79 Vette, and Jada '67 Impala. Had never heard of or seen the last one before, but it looks good in pictures. Yeah, it's Jada, so I won't be surprised if it's oversized, but it fits in the standard box and it's an Impala, so how over-big could it be? It can keep my Greenlight Supernatural Impala company on the shelf. 

29 minutes ago, HomerS said:

Impressive detail for $15.

Sesto.jpg

The burago brand can be quite surprising sometimes, I used to have a few of the 1/18 ones (53 vette, ferarri 250gto and bugatti somethingorother) and with a very small amount of detailing you wouldn't expect them to be the value they are. I will be looking for one ofthese now as I'm not intersted in building a lambo but it would be a cool add to my vw builds. Thanks for sharing it sir

On 12/4/2019 at 11:09 AM, randyc said:

That's like an "essential" Mint car.   Every collection should (and does?) have one.  I have the FM and DM versions.   Both were pretty inexpensive.  And yes this one seems VERY susceptible to paint rash.  I've seen some really bad ones out there.  

At this point, there are very few "perfect" paint cars.  Box kept cars are no better than displayed cars.  Apparently waxing seems to be the best preventative for the rash, from what I've read.  But anyone selling a car as "perfect paint" might be telling a story. 

I have the Danbury Mint version of the  '48 Chrysler Town & Country convertible and mine looks good for now. I just checked!  It's a wonderful car, and probably at scale weight too.  It's one heavy model!

I understand the problem with the "rash" is in the metal, a zymac(?) composition that is deteriorating  under the paint. 

Edited by Tom Geiger