Model Cars Magazine Forum

What diecast did you get today?

Gramps46

Walmart had a number of new diecasts today, including a Motor Max 2020 Vette in pale yellow I hadn't seen before. 

Also had a Jada "Big Time Muscle" '69 Camaro RS I hadn't seen before. I couldn't call it grossly oversize in the package, but Jadas are always suspect until can measure them. It was a lovely color, a "candy maroon" with matte black tampo sides (which might or might not come off easily). The wheels and tires weren't bad looking, either, for a Jada. I looked hard at it but left it there. I already have nice diecast '69 Camaros from M2, Johnny Lightning, Metalworks, and First Gear, and didn't really want to take a $20 chance on the size.  But maybe another time.....:unsure:

ETA: Here's the one I saw: 

https://www.target.com/p/jada-toys-big-time-muscle-1969-chevy-camaro-die-cast-vehicle-1-24-scale-dark-red/-/A-79773937?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&fndsrc=tgtao&DFA=71700000012544494&CPNG=PLA_Toys%2BShopping&adgroup=SC_Toys&LID=700000001170770pgs&LNM=PRODUCT_GROUP&network=g&device=c&location=1018611&targetid=pla-499469408594&ds_rl=1246978&ds_rl=1248099&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5vW4lbae7QIViICGCh2NZQmyEAQYASABEgJWgvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Edited by Snake45

Well it's not today, just over last couple of weeks. These are all NASCAR related. A couple more for my Tony Stewart display, Tony's 1999 Pontiac from his rookie year in Cup and his last paint scheme win from 2016 Sonoma. Also, not a Holy Grail, but it's somewhat difficult to get for at least a reasonable price, the 2019 Ryan Blaney Race Win Talladega Dent Wizard Mustang. This one has a little box damage, but went for about half of what everyone else wants or bids for. And finally two 1/64 vehicles, Blaney's 2020 Advance Auto Parts hauler and Bubba's 2020 Black Lives Matter car. I have three more on the way. Toy's IROC car and his 2002 race truck. I also have a 1978 25th Anniversary Corvette coming from Franklin Mint. Most of these are part of my Christmas. They are just a little early. Part of getting old. Thanks for looking and Happy Turkey Day!

2v2Hn82NjxAVNRq.jpg

2v2Hn83aNxAVNRq.jpg

2v2Hn8vUFxAVNRq.jpg

2v2Hn8U2MxAVNRq.jpg

2v2Hn8UB2xAVNRq.jpg

Edited by THarrison351

10 hours ago, Gramps46 said:

1969 M2 Camaro at Walmart today.

20201127_125034.jpg.890c48b5e9cc34b7bd83432206712291.jpg

I've seen several of these, but I haven't bitten. It's pretty cool. I keep hoping M2 will release another stock Z/28 without mods or extraneous decorations. I mean come on, they've done multiple colors and combos of 'Cudas, 'Challenger T/As, Hemi 'Cudas, Challenger R/Ts, '70 Mustangs and '65-66 Mustangs. I think they've only released one or two stock Z/28s and it's been some time since then.  And I wish they would make a 'Cuda AAR.

Edited by THarrison351

A couple more Tony Stewarts to add to the display and a new Mustang

The truck is from 2002. He drove Andy Petree's Truck at Richmond. Started 25th and won. It was only his second truck start. The first one was I believe six years earlier. The box was new old stock and was still in it's tissue paper wrapper. It's still basically worth nothing. I paid $16.50 plus shipping. I'm not impressed with the interior or the windows. I've blown it apart to detail those properly. I'll post another picture when it's finished.

2v2HqJN12xAVNRq.jpg
The IROC Firebird is also from 2002, but it represents his race winning car from Michigan in 2001. It has an autograph on the hood and it looks like other Tony Stewart autographs. Without documentation, it won't add value to the car. These cars can be bought pretty cheap anyways. I got this one for a little over $20 plus shipping.

2v2HqJ5z5xAVNRq.jpg
I only want two more cars for my Smoke display. I need a car from his IRL days, preferably his 1997 championship car and any dirt late model.

Picked this up the other day from Wally world. Quality control at M2 continues to disappoint, but at $20 bucks, I guess I shouldn't complain. At least the paint color is correct. Nice box too.

2v2HqE1zvxAVNRq.jpg
If you are a NASCAR enthusiast and wondered what color Banjo Matthews' cars were, or Nord Krauskopf's K&K Insurance Dodges, here's a group photo. The photo doesn't show how orange (warm) Ford Poppy Red really is.

2v2HqE1drxAVNRq.jpg

On 11/28/2020 at 9:26 PM, THarrison351 said:

A couple more Tony Stewarts to add to the display and a new Mustang

The truck is from 2002. He drove Andy Petree's Truck at Richmond. Started 25th and won. It was only his second truck start. The first one was I believe six years earlier. The box was new old stock and was still in it's tissue paper wrapper. It's still basically worth nothing. I paid $16.50 plus shipping. I'm not impressed with the interior or the windows. I've blown it apart to detail those properly. I'll post another picture when it's finished.

2v2HqJN12xAVNRq.jpg
The IROC Firebird is also from 2002, but it represents his race winning car from Michigan in 2001. It has an autograph on the hood and it looks like other Tony Stewart autographs. Without documentation, it won't add value to the car. These cars can be bought pretty cheap anyways. I got this one for a little over $20 plus shipping.

2v2HqJ5z5xAVNRq.jpg
I only want two more cars for my Smoke display. I need a car from his IRL days, preferably his 1997 championship car and any dirt late model.

Picked this up the other day from Wally world. Quality control at M2 continues to disappoint, but at $20 bucks, I guess I shouldn't complain. At least the paint color is correct. Nice box too.

2v2HqE1zvxAVNRq.jpg
If you are a NASCAR enthusiast and wondered what color Banjo Matthews' cars were, or Nord Krauskopf's K&K Insurance Dodges, here's a group photo. The photo doesn't show how orange (warm) Ford Poppy Red really is.

2v2HqE1drxAVNRq.jpg

Really nice cars!

I picked up the Hauler last month. I've been looking for the car to go with it ever since. eBay sellers were asking too much for the NASCAR Authentics. I just happened to run across someone selling these three cars together for $14.95 and they arrived Thursday. I didn't really want the Body Armor cars, but it seemed to be a fair price, plus I get cars I can display and put back in the package.

Ever since I first heard about Hailie Deegan I've been sort of following her and hoping she'd be successful. It seems like every time a woman comes to motorsports, the media builds them up and they never meet the expectations. Anyways, when I saw they were releasing her ARCA car in the NASCAR Authentics, I started scouting for it. I'm guessing everyone is too, because this is the first one I've seen and we have seven Wally Worlds, and three Targets within about 30 minutes of where I live and when I've been hunting, zip, zilch, nada until Friday, and there was only one on the three pegs that were crammed full of all of the rest of the 2020 Wave 06. I think this year has the most 1/64 scale diecasts I've collected since the nineties!

2v2HFECZjxAVNRq.jpg

2v2HFECKzxAVNRq.jpg