Model Cars Magazine Forum

What diecast did you get today?

Gramps46

Local toy show day--scored TWO 1/24 diecasts for $5! Yellow Maisto Porsche Boxter, seems to be a '96, and blue BWW Z4, might be around a 2004 or 2005. I couldn't remember if I had these or not but if I do, I'm pretty sure I don't have them in these colors. Couldn't turn them down at that price. 

On the way home, stopped at the last Rite Aid in my area and scored a Welly ZL1 Camaro. Dunno what year it is. I might or might not already have one of these, too, but if I do, it's not in Banana Yellow like this one is. 

Three new diecasts, three easy Snake-Fu projects, for a grand total of $15! Can't beat that! 

ETA: Didn't look in all my boxes, but I did check pics on my computer. I do have a Z4 but it's silver so that's different. And I do have a Boxter, but it has an up-top (this one is topless), is a different shade of yellow (the new one is lighter), and some of the body details look different--probably a different year. 

Edited by Snake45

Bought this Welly 1/25 1941 Chevrolet Special Deluxe purely on a whim, $15 + shipping.  The Chevy would have been one of the last produced in 1941 due to the involvement of America in World War II following the attack on Pearle Harbor.  Overall it is pretty nice with opening doors and trunk.  If the hood is supposed to open I did not try to force it.  Welly offers it in different colors but the cream kind of appealed to me.

20210208_142323.jpg.9b1257a9dd11a749e3a1b5eda31ca4f9.jpg

20210208_142452.jpg.64d87e901de42ed00089d75a846f3f91.jpg

20210208_143246.jpg.850e3e88e01d4e45602e90f9f397b713.jpg

20210208_142355.jpg.43fff1e12c9b17497f9cdea8616c6e8a.jpg

7 hours ago, Gramps46 said:

Bought this Welly 1/25 1941 Chevrolet Special Deluxe purely on a whim, $15 + shipping.  The Chevy would have been one of the last produced in 1941 due to the involvement of America in World War II following the attack on Pearle Harbor.  Overall it is pretty nice with opening doors and trunk.  If the hood is supposed to open I did not try to force it.  Welly offers it in different colors but the cream kind of appealed to me.

I built the kit version. Oddly the hood does not open. Nothing in there.

On 1/15/2021 at 2:09 PM, Snake45 said:

Then you'll dig my latest sub-collection. Couple years ago I did the AMT '53 snapper right out of the box in polished white plastic, and then thought it might be fun to do a series of Corvette roadsters in polished white plastic with red interiors. I recently finished the second of the series, an AMT '59. Next up will be an AMT '63, and then either a Revell '68 or an MPC '75. I think I might have a white 4G promo around here somewhere--I'd have never bought such a thing, but I think I got one in a gang-buy with a couple other things I did want at the time. 

Did some research today. White on red promos aren't available for every year, but they were made for 4G, 5G, and 6G. I looked for some 4Gs on eBay today and found that white '92s are plentiful and incredibly cheap. Gonna make one last pass trough the Snakepit to make sure I don't already have one, and then order one. I hope the 5G and 6G ones are that cheap. 

Well, I said in my last post I probably wouldn't get anymore diecast for awhile unless it was a deal. Here's one I couldn't pass on. Danbury Mint 1940 Ford Deluxe Convertible. It's been on my want list for some time. They're normally just above may max price range. This one came almost complete and stupid cheap buy it now. It's only missing the fender skirts. The seller originally posted it saying no box, but messaged me just before he sent it saying he had the box after all. In the process of packing the sun visor fell off, but was included and easily fixed. 

2v2HMYyA5xAVNRq.jpg

2v2HMYy6rxAVNRq.jpg

2v2HMYy7MxAVNRq.jpg

2v2HMYyRzxAVNRq.jpg

On 2/7/2021 at 2:11 PM, Snake45 said:

On the way home, stopped at the last Rite Aid in my area and scored a Welly ZL1 Camaro. Dunno what year it is. I might or might not already have one of these, too, but if I do, it's not in Banana Yellow like this one is. 

Finally got around to researching it. Seems to be a 2014 or 2015 (I found it listed/advertised both ways.) My other two "new" Camaros are green and metallic gray, and I have them listed as 2017s, so this one is new/different for me. Yay! :D

On 1/15/2021 at 8:09 PM, Snake45 said:

Then you'll dig my latest sub-collection. Couple years ago I did the AMT '53 snapper right out of the box in polished white plastic, and then thought it might be fun to do a series of Corvette roadsters in polished white plastic with red interiors. I recently finished the second of the series, an AMT '59. Next up will be an AMT '63, and then either a Revell '68 or an MPC '75. I think I might have a white 4G promo around here somewhere--I'd have never bought such a thing, but I think I got one in a gang-buy with a couple other things I did want at the time. 

59Corvette24.jpg.e280aac82b7d5f57b978296163234964.jpg

59Corvette26.jpg.b288fd7c0a843ff730bd2123a5d86baf.jpg

For white Corvette fans: the very first Corvette - the Prototype.

P.S.: More pictures: Under Glass - The Very First Corvette.

04 DSCN0030.jpg

09 DSCN0026.jpg

17 hours ago, THarrison351 said:

1953 Corvette EX 122 Concept. I can tell by the upside down side trim. Is that a Diecast? 

Hi Tim,

it is a Revell Corvette 1953 2 in 1 plastic kit 1:24. Modified to prototype by the few differences outside and more in enginebay.

On 2/22/2021 at 5:07 PM, HomerS said:

I'm running out of room in the man cave but I'm such a fan of the AMX, I couldn't pass up the pair at a toy show this weekend.  Maroon one is missing a driver's side mirror......Teal one is spotless.

Those are NICE! I wish someone had made good AMX diecasts in 1/24 scale