Model Cars Magazine Forum

What diecast did you get today?

Gramps46

Wanted a Divco for some time, looked at Flintstone's (blech), then this little guy came up significantly under market. Boxed, etc., but a few minor issues. 95 points overall...like somebody glued the headlight lenses back in with CA and fogged 'em, but everything's easily fixed.

EDIT: Danbury Mint, 1/24

1950 Divco | Danbury Mint 1950 Bordens Divco Milk Delivery T… | Flickr

Edited by Ace-Garageguy
  • Like 2

Last time I looked, these Danbury '57 Dodge Sweptside pickups were a little more than I wanted to pay for a truck that wasn't real high on my desire list, but I found this one for less than they usually go for. Perfect model, ratty box, suits me fine as they'll be displayed until I'm dust, and somebody else can worry about their "collector value".

Danbury Mint 1957 Dodge Sweptside D100 Pickup Truck Red Ivory 1:24 ...

EDIT: Sure wish I'd known how nice the Danbury Mint line was when they were still in production...and a whole lot cheaper.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy
  • Like 1

On 8/20/2022 at 7:33 PM, Ace-Garageguy said:

Wanted a Divco for some time, looked at Flintstone's (blech), then this little guy came up significantly under market. Boxed, etc., but a few minor issues. 95 points overall...like somebody glued the headlight lenses back in with CA and fogged 'em, but everything's easily fixed.

Who makes this please ?

• Like 1

On 8/20/2022 at 9:33 PM, Ace-Garageguy said:

EDIT: Danbury Mint, 1/24

On 8/22/2022 at 8:57 PM, Ace-Garageguy said:

Last time I looked, these Danbury '57 Dodge Sweptside pickups were a little more than I wanted to pay for a truck that wasn't real high on my desire list, but I found this one for less than they usually go for. Perfect model, ratty box, suits me fine as they'll be displayed until I'm dust, and somebody else can worry about their "collector value".

Danbury Mint 1957 Dodge Sweptside D100 Pickup Truck Red Ivory 1:24 ...

EDIT: Sure wish I'd known how nice the Danbury Mint line was when they were still in production...and a whole lot cheaper.

Very nice scores and buys, bill

17 hours ago, cobraman said:

Thanks Bill. I just may have to look for one to strip and repaint.

Currently, the Danbury version is going to be in the $68 + shipping range, minimum. 

If you don't need the opening features and great detail like plug wires, wipers, working steering, etc., there's an AutoWorld version in 1/24 for about $46 + shipping on ePay.

1950 Divco Delivery Truck "Highland Hill Dairy" White and Blue 1-24 Di

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

Toy show last weekend....

I have the 1/18 Maisto version but AutoWorld came out with the 1/64 version.  I dont expect to find them in the wild so I bought two of each (one for me and one for my teenager).  Dealer only had three of each

Not a huge Rat Fink fan but I will by them when they are reasonable.....

AutoWorld Shelby GT500.jpg

AutoWorld Rat Fink trailers.jpg

17 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Just got in a sad little Franklin Mint 1/24 '49 Ford woody. Filthy, missing a few bits, but never dropped and so cheap as to be un-pass-up-able. The model looks much better in person than in the photos. A little spit and polish, and some parts-box replacements, she'll be fine.

Image 3 - FRANKLIN MINT 1949 "WOODY" STATION WAGON ~ WITH TAG

Nice score Bill!

• Like 1

My theory is you can never have enough Porsche 911s.  So when influencer Helmut posted the new Hachette Collection 1970 911S I went looking for one.  Unfortunately the only ones I found on the web would not ship to the USA.  But I keep checking and patience finally paid off and eBay finally had a listing and mine came yesterday.

20220910_073457.jpg.cf81d67d2240ad1ecd20c2b78a8540e5.jpg20220910_073515.jpg.382958217e780219dabaa061c28b401f.jpg20220910_073528.jpg.c3b8378ce6a637d6db35f598962fd722.jpg20220910_073543.jpg.6fdeb90a4c24e02058460a80ea701493.jpg                                                            

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Gramps46 said:

Just arrived this 1946 Dodge Power Wagon Special Edition Ertl Collectibles in 1/25 scale.   For $15 plus shipping with all paperwork and box I could not resist.  As a new Air Force 2nd Lt in 1968 we had a Power Wagon Ambulance as our office vehicle.

That's a nice model. I have one in red/black, would have preferred your colors.

I'd like to find a real one, but I'm pretty sure they're well beyond what I'd want to pay by now.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy