Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

What diecast did you get today?


Gramps46

Recommended Posts

On 9/24/2022 at 4:02 PM, Gramps46 said:

Just arrived this 1946 Dodge Power Wagon Special Edition Ertl Collectibles in 1/25 scale.   For $15 plus shipping with all paperwork and box I could not resist.  As a new Air Force 2nd Lt in 1968 we had a Power Wagon Ambulance as our office vehicle.

20220924_153114.jpg.76edd0cf28d99d72962967e7bfd96ebf.jpg20220924_152703.jpg.2442d1943907db49f65d35525a0b120f.jpg20220924_152943.jpg.291ad016119bebc3fb23d00b809193e9.jpg

Just got mine delivered today, pretty nice diecast. Wondering if there is a safe way to remove the Wix marking from the doors?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Zenon,

use cotton stick  with nail polish remover. First test the base colour on a not exponated area. If one - two light wipes don`t solve the colour you can go to the tampo-print. Again with light wipes you can remove it. Possibly you will need to correct the shine of the area.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, caapa said:

Hi Zenon,

use cotton stick  with nail polish remover. First test the base colour on a not exponated area. If one - two light wipes don`t solve the colour you can go to the tampo-print. Again with light wipes you can remove it. Possibly you will need to correct the shine of the area.

I use only non-acetone polish remover.  It is safer and works for me.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Walked past the Duster too many times and for $20, I caved.  Needs mirrors and one wiper.  I may have the wiper or something close in a parts bin in the man cave.  

I worked for a company that my boss had an XLR.  Since the 'company' owned the car, my name was on the company insurance policy so I got to drive it.  Another GM vehicle that had potential and plug pulled too soon.

1 18 Duster.jpg

1 24 Cadillac XLR.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, keyser said:

Gary, nice model. I’ve never seen a 1:1 of that car, did they do any like that? Really like black over white. 

1988 was the 35th anniversary of Corvette production , so a coupe only 35th Special Edition Package (RPO Z01; $4,795.00) was available. White was the theme, in observance of the 1953 Corvettes, all of which had white exteriors. Included were white wheels along with white door handles and side strip.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cool. That could’ve been a Let me google that for you moment, but you’re kind. 🤣

Truly have never seen one, even then. Ermine white ftw, glad this is over white guts. 👍🏼

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As I was storming out of Lowes today, storming because they will be glad to sell you a refrigerator but will not sell you a water filter replacement.  So I almost ran into a rack of diecasts and one diecast stood out to me because it was bigger than the rest.  This Jeep US Postal Service delivery vehicle is a Kinsmart 1/26th scale diecast.  Being a Jeep guy, I had to have it.  Tom Geiger might have posted this already.

20221014_110816.jpg.249881c02102eb79f3d9d88ecdf3417b.jpg20221014_110725.jpg.3ca339e437dfa42f8a33eea27181e9c4.jpg20221014_110656.jpg.cf002970a7b166ad125b218a727bb514.jpg

Living in the greater Washington DC area I just wanted to let you know those are not meant to be bullet holes in the background.

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bullet holes could be almost any post office 🤣

They don’t call it “goin’ postal” for nuttin’. 

Filters both water and air cheapest on Bezos’ site. He needs the money. 

Edited by keyser
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Greetings,

This was an unexpected eBay find, while I think it was mistaken by some to be a damaged sealed iteration of the 1:18th new-tool '72 Minichamps CSL versus the older all-opening dealer promo that it is.  Shredded license plate decals (almost unavoidable on this release), a missing front license plate mount and a missing wiper detract from things, although most of this I was able to address.  $41 plus $9 shipping was paid, contrasting this to about $200 for the same promo or the $120-$150 sealed model.  Not the best eBay auction listing write-up for this model, hence maybe less competition encountered?

1671518969_MinichampsGolfCSLone012.JPG.dbe4cd9365f959f3c81ad1a3a8c8c777.JPG

1068863686_MinichampsGolfCSLone008.JPG.1e1036bc5d064eb0e6001b25d0e135c3.JPG

Also turned up in recent days would be a Kyosho BMW LMR sports prototype endurance racer also in 1:18th scale.  A visit to an area BMW dealership revealed that a new Heritage Collection rerelease based on the same tool is out there to be had for $94 if one aggressively price shops, although soon after I went looking for examples on eBay and found a seriously moldy box Sebring iteration at a Buy It Now price of $18.95 - hence a deal of sorts.  When new I think these retailed for $79.95 and met some customer resistance for being one of the first sealed/nonopening diecast models of note, but still a nice thing to have.  Some scrubbing was needed, but obviously not horrible in sum.  Thanks for your review of this post.

1020474175_eBaywaveone001.JPG.b4af71e3876db506304e5a5777ed896d.JPG

Mike K./Swede70

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Gramps46 said:

As I was storming out of Lowes today, storming because they will be glad to sell you a refrigerator but will not sell you a water filter replacement.  So I almost ran into a rack of diecasts and one diecast stood out to me because it was bigger than the rest.  This Jeep US Postal Service delivery vehicle is a Kinsmart 1/26th scale diecast.  Being a Jeep guy, I had to have it.  Tom Geiger might have posted this already.

20221014_110816.jpg.249881c02102eb79f3d9d88ecdf3417b.jpg20221014_110725.jpg.3ca339e437dfa42f8a33eea27181e9c4.jpg20221014_110656.jpg.cf002970a7b166ad125b218a727bb514.jpg

Living in the greater Washington DC area I just wanted to let you know those are not meant to be bullet holes in the background.

Real nice score, Gary!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I got lucky a few days ago and bid on a $6.00 Ferrari F12tdf 2015 and was the only bidder.  Figuring my chances were zilich I promptly forgot about it till notified that i was the winner.  Fortunately, I fall above the age limit too.

20221026_151058.jpg.9b1c4497d0c12bdc44ef133af8fde3a8.jpg20221026_151551.jpg.d7ebbee2eb097a8852bda0842bcf40a0.jpg20221026_151604.jpg.f4c3430221933f88c53fdef5c9fbe230.jpg20221026_151623.jpg.df72f48c2ee7a7a242a24e614cd7d974.jpg

Edited by Gramps46
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kinda thought I was done buying diecasts, but when I came across this perfect 1/24 Franklin Mint Mercedes W196 for way under market asking prices, I had to spring for it.

The engine isn't the greatest, and it needs much better wire wheels, but at first examination, I think the tooling designers got the shape and proportions quite close.

Picture 2 of 6

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/27/2022 at 12:28 AM, Ace-Garageguy said:

Kinda thought I was done buying diecasts, but when I came across this perfect 1/24 Franklin Mint Mercedes W196 for way under market asking prices, I had to spring for it.

The engine isn't the greatest, and it needs much better wire wheels, but at first examination, I think the tooling designers got the shape and proportions quite close.

Picture 2 of 6

Nice find, Bill - I have this one also, and its weakest points are the plastic wheels and the huge gap around the hood. PMA/Minichamps'  different 300 SLR versions would have the correct wheels:

P1150400.JPG.191d03bb4bfd0ec6e12233253d3484b3.JPG

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow some very cool diecasts here.The Duster,the mail truck,the white Corvette,etc.I just picked up a couple diecasts diecast at a swap meet yesterday.I thought it was cool finding an exact replica of the Baja motorcycle in a very small scale,to the larger one.

94F567DA-CA3E-4345-848B-96578DA994B1.jpeg

3F591B3C-9579-49AF-AFDD-6E3DA043E1F2.jpeg

9EB72366-FB09-4481-A3C2-D8237D59F0F7.jpeg

5DB330C3-41C4-49B6-B0B8-07E29309B89D.jpeg

A6FB5CA0-A217-4253-A133-7D024F73ADF2.jpeg

Edited by NYLIBUD
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yea my pleasure.I actually bought the truck at a 7/11..And i’ll let you in on 🤫,a little secret,Shhh,lol.The truck was actually already weathered,and muddy.It came just like you see it.Idk,i just thought it looked pretty cool.And as i said before, that the small scale bike just happens to be a replica of the the larger bike.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...