Model Cars Magazine Forum
ChrisBcritter

AMT '64 Fairlane wire wheels/knockoffs

Does anyone have a set of these 13" wire wheels/knockoffs that came in the AMT '64 Fairlane? I spotted a set on eBay but missed them:

5c65a034d8973_64fairlanewirewheels.jpg.8ef4906abf9fc1a9c6762d8cdda5b010.jpg

5c65a03258683_64fairlanewirewheels3.jpg.f5aa64221ed85b10e3a1e82ea39ffc8a.jpg

Trade or ? Thanks!

Hey again!

I might have them, but knock-offs probably used long ago.  I built the Thunderbolt kit for my nephew who had a stock Fairlane as a stocker, know I kept the engine and hood blister bec I used them in a street rat '57 T-Bird that I'm still finishing.  Did those come with that kit? Any other?

Wick

Hi Wick - Only place I've seen these wheels is in the original issue AMT '64 Fairlane hardtop - not the Revell Thunderbolt.

Yes it's the old Annual '64 Fairlane Sports Coupe kit who has them.
I used to own a 1964 Fairlane Sports Coupe with a 289 and Cruise-O-Matic, I had it for 12 years but sold it when I got the '63½ Galaxie 500XL I have today.
By that I don't mean I'm an expert, but I do have some knowledge and the standard wheel for the 1964 Fairlane is 5-lug 14 inch even for the base model, 13 inch stopped with the '63 model as far as I know.
The standard tire for most of the Fairlane models 1964 was 6.50-14 and 7.00-14 for the 289 V8 Sports Coupe and Station Wagons.

Yes, on the real ones, but AMT still used the 13" compact tires on the '64 kit.