Model Cars Magazine Forum

Factory Colors

Would anyone happen to know what color the battery caps would have been in the '67 Fords?

And what brand of battery?

Autolite?

Motorcraft?

Most of the Autolite and Motorcraft batteries that I'm seeing online would have had red caps.

I'll probably go with Autolite as I have decals for them.

How about rear shocks for the same year?

I'm seeing mostly red, silver and black.

Any ideas?

Steve

18 minutes ago, dodgefever said:

Motorcraft didn't exist at that time, so I would go with Autolite, black with red caps.  No idea on the shocks, sorry.  A quick search of restored cars showed red and black.

Thanks!

I have some Autolite "Sta-Ful" battery decals, so that will be perfect.

Unless I hear different from a Ford aficionado, I'll probably go with red for the shocks as well.

Steve

Steve, Have you ever looked at the Mecum auction site, https://www.mecum.com/search? I search this site on every build I do. Just search for make and model and check out all the pictures. A quick look at all the concours restored Shelby's from 1967 shows the Autolite Sta-Ful in red lettering and red caps. 

Here's a '67 GT500 restored by Legendary Motor Car here in Canada. These guys do nice work and work on a lot of 60's and older cars.

Use the arrows to scroll through the pics, if you go backwards (left, you can get to the finished engine bay quickly.) It has an Autolite battery with red caps.

Rear shocks on this one are black (pic 66 of 104)

https://www.legendarymotorcar.com/inventory/1967-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-1300.aspx

Edited by Jhedir6