Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fujimi 1/24 Lamborghini Gallardo

Twokidsnosleep

I have parked this one for a bit

Letting the weather warm up a bit before trying to 2k clear the body

I have wreaked the silver Lamborghini script for the back, so will have to figure that out

There was no decal for the steering wheel centre, so I have ordered some from Asia....and they will take time

Moving onto another build while I wait.

10 minutes ago, kelson said:

That sucks when that happens!,what's the quality like on this kit?,I've seen them on the Ebay and have been thinking about buying one.

Hey Kelson,

The kit is actually pretty good, it is a curb side, but the engine detail is ok and fitment seems reasonable.

If you like this body style I say go for it, just be careful of the decals...it was my bad, I can't blame them

On February 20, 2019 at 2:44 AM, Dann Tier said:

Super klean work, bud!!!....I love building these simpler kits!  it puts the fun back into building!!

Indeed, it is very well engineered

You wouldn't happen to have a source for a Lamborghini script metal transfer?? it is like a photo etch script of the letters

I have a ton of aftermarket Ferrari ones form eBay, but bugger if I can find a lambo one to replace my destroyed decal

1 hour ago, Twokidsnosleep said:

Indeed, it is very well engineered

You wouldn't happen to have a source for a Lamborghini script metal transfer?? it is like a photo etch script of the letters

I have a ton of aftermarket Ferrari ones form eBay, but bugger if I can find a lambo one to replace my destroyed decal

Is it just the name you're after?, and what size?, because i'm the Lambo guy.....and I have more parts than the factory!...lol

4 hours ago, ismaelg said:

Looking good. Interesting approach to apply the nose emblem before the clear.

Ya, I was thinking that as I was lying in bed...badges are usually put on after a car is cleared in 1:1

I got a little excited with new transfers :huh:

Might be trouble with the clear pooling if I am not careful

Edited by Twokidsnosleep

1 hour ago, Tommy124 said:

Hey thanks.

weird that shop didn’t come up in my Canada eBay search ...but it is there, so I book marked it

cheers

Edited by Twokidsnosleep

1 hour ago, DiscoRover007 said:

This build is making want to buy one of these kits. The gallardo has aged beautifully and was a design ahead of its time. Any glaring flaws on this kit? Extra panel lines or anything ?

Hi James

This is a super kit. Nice and clean, minimal panel lines and so far good fit.

Now I have not got body, engine tub and cockpit tub all together yet as final assembled, but the dry fits seem ok

I do recommend it, my only knock is the decals don't include everything I would want....that is why some aftermarket badges

Edited by Twokidsnosleep

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 12:36 AM, Twokidsnosleep said:

Got my round and crest plastic 3D transfer badges today in the mail from eBay. Love these things:wub:

E82DD19B-9113-47CC-928C-C80A69D78C29.thumb.jpeg.b1d5c70dda0ff7b7021c0930cc53d745.jpeg

one goes on front nose

A7665012-79A2-45C0-AA15-40B45E8FB33F.thumb.jpeg.7f3b1e84f736e01fac0a3e12b7b2141e.jpeg

other goes on the steering wheel

A5728612-9A14-470A-ADB2-215277A7C06C.thumb.jpeg.9c437f37007a41a2f6045b7ac0f9f8c4.jpeg

Used the normal kit decals on the wheels

91E5A61F-822E-40A4-818F-7448EA4495EE.thumb.jpeg.72ccb4c8633b8d2a0c41b900c1bd037a.jpeg

That's the same set I got, ad they stick VERY well!!…..I love'em!!!

• 2 weeks later...