Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fujimi 1/24 Lamborghini Gallardo

Twokidsnosleep

On March 12, 2019 at 7:37 AM, dino246gt said:

Looking good! I did one years ago, here it is:

P1000058 (Large).JPG

IMG_4264 (Large).JPG

IMG_4257 (Large).JPG

That's super Dennis, I like it a lot!! Is it a Fujimi kit??

I wish I painted my dash pod cover orange like that cooolB)

Mine is going to have an orange tint on all windows that I am hoping will make it pop

On March 11, 2019 at 8:44 PM, kelson said:

Are trying to finish this up in time for the modelshow in Burnaby this weekend?.

I am going to that show on Saturday, not likely enter this one though or the Talbo Lago

I don't really build for shows. That being said, I am considering brining a 1/16 MGTC build with lots of extras...we shall see if I chicken out or not

I have yet to build a model where I feel I have just nailed everything perfectly. Maybe that is what drives me....crazy:P

So last night I worked to balance out the way the wheels sit

The left rear diver's side was at a weird angle, you can see it in the first pic, so I chopped out the driveshaft and unglued the suspension

Then I added some lead foil packets into the transmission tunnel for weight and re-glued everything

This helped let it sit more flush and will give a good weighted feel to the model overall

IMG_1731.thumb.JPG.0300e0ee110e105d7b8b308c17f532d3.JPG

IMG_1730.thumb.JPG.f74e884f8ee8d4d0c1d925503670f69b.JPG

IMG_1728.thumb.JPG.e100c30c02aec76eda232acc2caac73a.JPG

IMG_1729.thumb.JPG.fd14b56302fa6b87502a8f9378838eeb.JPG

I have left everything set up overnight with some weight on the back suspension to keep it flush. I will do an after photo tonight and you can see the difference

Edited by Twokidsnosleep
spelling
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Twokidsnosleep said:

You are a good influence.

Watching all those major alterations you do made it easier for me to fix the wheel alignment screw up that would have bugged me otherwise

That's great, bud!!….I'm so happy to help!!…...by the way, I will send you a photo of those transfers that I am sending you!....AND the package, so you know its on the way!!….sorry for the delay.

SOoooooo what is wrong with this photo?

6E5A8F5B-23E2-4649-9927-90700C1D9A8E.thumb.jpeg.4e302c7aa1af5eed405f6369f1c39b57.jpeg

...aside from having to use clamps to get the back end tight, the door cards are sitting in the background :unsure:

Back apart it comes, a tab is trimmed in the rear, door cards glued in....and still I need the clamps for the rear. She is fighting final assembly

28C3676D-C345-497E-AA0E-910F015338E1.thumb.jpeg.75bd99795c99c37a9d0a43a9ad6a1907.jpeg

2 hours ago, kelson said:

Nothing more frustrating than reaching the end and the kit won't go together!!<_<,glad to see you got it figured out.

Indeed, you think you dry fit test enough but everything is still loose. Then you start gluing and screwing stuff down and the fit changes

Hey did you go to the Burnaby swap meet??? The MGTC model I brought had people avoiding it in droves:( Zero interest.

12 hours ago, Twokidsnosleep said:

Indeed, you think you dry fit test enough but everything is still loose. Then you start gluing and screwing stuff down and the fit changes

Hey did you go to the Burnaby swap meet??? The MGTC model I brought had people avoiding it in droves:( Zero interest.

Yeah,i was there,spent a boatload of money!,took lots of pics to,i think most people love the musclecars so they get all the attention,i wouldn't take it personally.