Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bobby Allison Early 80's

jjsipes

With the Daytona 500 upon us and my 69 Hurst Olds fighting me, I thought I'd get these out and work on them a little. Had painted and decaled a couple years ago but never gotten around to finishing them. Chassis's are painted and then cleared with Tamiya Semi Gloss Clear. Looks better than Gloss or Flat to me on the chassis. Tired have been delettered  and decaled and shot with Flat clear. Looks great but they seem to want to stick to everything. Don't even remember what Flat Clear I used

20190215_210739.jpg

20190215_210802.jpg

20190215_210809.jpg

20190215_210755.jpg

Edited by jjsipes

Been working on the chassis for the 81 Hardees Buick. Been a while since I had built one of these. Been looking for some reference pictures and building. Had a tight squeeze getting the engine in with the headers installed since I had the firewall and roll cage glued together prior to paint. I know the kit headers are wrong but just feels good to get something accomplished.

20190221_094324.jpg

20190221_094315.jpg

1981 Hardees Buick pretty much done except final touch up, window net and clean up. Cut the exhaust dumps and replaced with aluminum tube for a better appearance. I just noticed the padding on the top bar has slid to the passenger side, need to fix that and glue it.

Image may contain: car

No photo description available.

No photo description available.

Edited by jjsipes

• 2 weeks later...