Model Cars Magazine Forum

'65 Pontiac 2 + 0

restoman

• 2 weeks later...

The first time the chassis sits under the body without needing to prop up the wheels...

I robbed the parts bin for a 400 4 speed combo, and modded the console to fit the 4 speed oar. It's not a correct fit but it works for me.

Undecided what to do with the cargo area... there are some big ejector pin marks in the woodgrain, so I'll either cover it with something or fill the bed with scuba gear from the '70 Bonneville and whatever else I can cobble together. 

Comments always welcome.

bonne 1 1.jpg

bonne 2 1.jpg

bonne 3 1.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

An alternative for the bed floor would be Plastruct diamond plate. I used some for the step plates on a boat trailer. The sheet is thin enough to cut with hd scissors, or cut a line with a #11 blade and it will bend and break.      

2 hours ago, espo said:

An alternative for the bed floor would be Plastruct diamond plate. I used some for the step plates on a boat trailer. The sheet is thin enough to cut with hd scissors, or cut a line with a #11 blade and it will bend and break.      

I used a black bandage wrap. It looks like a rubber mat, pretty pleased with it, and we had some here in the cupboard. :)

15 hours ago, restoman said:

I used a black bandage wrap. It looks like a rubber mat, pretty pleased with it, and we had some here in the cupboard. :)

Sounds like a great idea, I'll have to remember that for the future. 

Molotow chrome through the airbrush...

The original chrome was whipped, so off came what was left of it. I opened up the headlights and the bumper slots, took care of the mold lines on the sides of the bumper and took some material off where the bumper meets the tire, for a more-gooder fit.

Comments always welcome.

bonne 1.jpg

bonne 2.jpg

• 1 month later...