Model Cars Magazine Forum

In 1972, Tim Pierce bought his first new truck, the all-new Dodge D200. He got it at a pretty deep discount too, as the local dealer had mistakenly ordered one too many orange ones for a local road commission and refused to try to stick them with the extra truck they didn't need. Not that Tim cared- it somewhat blended in with the red-orange Flambeau Red on the Case equipment he used at the farm. The pickup served Tim faithfully for years- it was used to haul trailers when he began selling trailers at his farm, and it helped carry building supplies when he built a dedicated trailer shop in 1977. By 1994 though, the old truck was getting a little ripe and Tim replaced it with a new 3500 dually... in MDOT Orange, of course. The truck mostly sat until 1996 when his oldest son Brad got his license Brad is the one who did a little rust repair in auto shop, located a new tailgate, and gave the truck it's nickname, "Ancient Orange". He also ended up replacing the hood after it blew open on the way home from a football game one night. When Brad moved out he left the old Dodge behind, but Tim still uses it around the farm and at the trailer dealer. He keeps telling himself he'll restore it one of these days.

The model itself started out as the MPC monster truck. I bought it about a week or so before news broke that the MPC Dodge long bed kit was to be reissued. Such is life. I returned it to stock using the front and rear suspension from a Little Red Express kit. The wheels and hitch came from Scenes Unlimited, and the gooseneck hitch in the bed is scratchbuilt. The grille is a slush casting I got from a fellow member, I'll let him come forward and identify himself if he wants to. :) I will say I hope the upcoming MPC reissue fits together a tad better than this 1987-ish reissue did. 

And if these pics look different than what you're used to from me, I can explain. My normal photo stand is under several inches of snow and ice, and I used my phone instead of my camera for the photos. :D 1.jpg.831e1c0e801b816bb4cad33bfa8ebcd8.jpg2.jpg.633be84b8bcf5abb9d4f6b9731427c75.jpg3.jpg.dbb93a14dd074fec1e0aacece47cf927.jpg4.jpg.7f1a76f414552efa0a1cb6ff7076eadd.jpg5.jpg.2bc5bb2af69f3ee983f601eb7c30d9e4.jpg