Model Cars Magazine Forum

Street Rodder Modeler's Corner 1929 Model A SuperCab Dually Phantom Kitbash

This one was yet another Street Rodder magazine Modeler's Corner how-to, focusing on kitbashing a "phantom" Model A SuperCab DRW fifth wheel trailer towing rig.

The orange graphics came from yet another Revell kit decal sheet designed by the late Brian Bordon, while the charcoal gray paint was from the Testors Car Colors paint rack and those deeply tinted (actually, opaque) windows were unexposed camera film.

This one was never finished in that there's no engine or interior (yet) and the chassis, derived from a 1/32 scale semi-tractor kit, was a bit crude in its design. I was also never fully pleased with the paint, but I didn't want to redo it, nor bury it in a bunch of clearcoat.

Will it be finished? Given that it has existed in this state for just about exactly 30 years now, probably not, but never say never....meanwhile, thanks for checkin' her out!   TIM 

DSC 0588

DSC 0591

DSC 0597

DSC 0589

DSC 0590

DSC 0592

Edited by tim boyd

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2019 at 10:51 AM, Modelbuilder Mark said:

Tim, I really like this one. If I were you, I would not "finish" it, let it remain this wonderful snapshot in time.

Mark....real world, that's most likely what will happen, but very encouraging to know that you like the idea of (not) doing any changes!   

Everyone - thanks for the comments and feedback!   TIM