[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
Rich Chernosky

Tamiya 1/20 Ferrari F60 F1

Recommended Posts

Just off the workbench. Tamiya 1/20 Ferrari F60 formula one. Mostly box stock some extgra decals from Tabu. Paint is Gravity colors GC 294Ferrari Nuovo Rosso. This is a 3 part system consisting of a silver basecoat, clear red color coat and clear to finish. Iniatially this came out a little too orange to suit my taste so I mixed in some Tamiya clear red to the clear top coat. This kit went together like a dream with only a slight adjustment necessary  to the center body panel behind the roll bar. Everything snapped snugly into place after that. Body fit was amazing.  Thanks for looking.

DSC06404.JPG

DSC06401.JPG

DSC06403.JPG

DSC06405.JPG

DSC06406.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice job on that Rich !

All of the purpose designed barge boards, wing fingers, and wheel scoops are well represented on this one.

Well done,...Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks gorgeous! Paint came out great

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Bruce....I was amazed at how many there were. A lot of fussy fiddling to get them all on and straight looking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great job!  All of those aero pieces look like they would have been a challenge to put on the model.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jim N said:

Great job!  All of those aero pieces look like they would have been a challenge to put on the model.

Indeed they were....I have a special way of attaching them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beautiful work, looks amazing!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree the paint job is amazing and color looks like it matches perfectly. Do you plan to do the SF70H?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Super Mario said:

Agree the paint job is amazing and color looks like it matches perfectly. Do you plan to do the SF70H?

Sure do....probably in about a month.  Got something else on the bench now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is gorgeous!  You have done a fantastic job on this.  She looks great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How did I miss this till now,  the Ferrari is outstanding.  I like how you sanded the tires and added some debris, very realistic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Gramps46 said:

How did I miss this till now,  the Ferrari is outstanding.  I like how you sanded the tires and added some debris, very realistic. 

Hah....I did sand the tires but the debris was unintentional.  Once you sand the rubber tire it attracts dust and dirt like a magnet. Despite my best efforts to keep them clean some still remained. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was serious Rich, I think the debris is very appropriate as the 1:1 tires are sticky. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That looks GREAT!  The color really pops on this outstanding build.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks great! I really enjoyed building this kit. Went together beautifully. I used TS-85 Mica Red, but this paint looks better! Good job!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2019 at 4:06 PM, Turberticus said:

Looks great! I really enjoyed building this kit. Went together beautifully. I used TS-85 Mica Red, but this paint looks better! Good job!

TS-85 was formulated to reproduce this color. I have used that in combination with TS-74 clear red over Pactra Antique Gold. Did it on a La Ferrari to see how it looked and it wasn't quite what i wanted for the F1 car. It was a nice red though. On line pictures of the real car don't really show the color good enough. I am told it is a pearlescent red. Pearlescents use a silver base and it is difficult under clear red. I am still trying to make myself happy on this color.  Thanks for the compliments

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/3/2019 at 1:02 PM, Rich Chernosky said:

TS-85 was formulated to reproduce this color. I have used that in combination with TS-74 clear red over Pactra Antique Gold. Did it on a La Ferrari to see how it looked and it wasn't quite what i wanted for the F1 car. It was a nice red though. On line pictures of the real car don't really show the color good enough. I am told it is a pearlescent red. Pearlescents use a silver base and it is difficult under clear red. I am still trying to make myself happy on this color.  Thanks for the compliments

You're welcome! It's always nice to see F1 builds here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In a a word. Superb!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now