[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
Oldcarfan27

Boy, is this guy going to take a bath soon!

Recommended Posts

Guess he's trying to get 1 last big score before it gets reissued!

Screenshot_20190218-211933.thumb.png.3dad31e8ef8f5ceb98af7eaed86eeb25.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reissues usually bring a barrage of "let's see if I can unload this before word gets out" listings...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do you know "he's" a man?

The seller (and many buyers) may not be aware this kit is going to be reissued at this point, too. Folks here have the ability to be more aware of what's coming down the pipeline if they wish to be, but the general model buying public, not so much.

There might be things about an original issue kit which is more desirable to a buyer than a reissue, so even if a reissue is available for $30, it may not matter to a buyer seeking an original kit. Not everyone buys a kit to build it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's see some proof that this is getting re-issued, to back up the reason for this post.  I learned about a model stash that could be bought, the guy had a list, I went through it and saw this kit and thought "huh, never heard of that, what is it going for?"  I was shocked, but that was 'asking' price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

Let's see some proof that this is getting re-issued

Why haven't you gone through the effort yourself to find that info?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's another Brat kit for $275.00.  Famous Last Words in the listing: "This one is pretty hard to find and as far as I know, has never been reissued."

The same seller has a 1/20 Lindberg "Jurassic Park" Ford Explorer for $95 and an AMT/ERTL '92 Camaro for $64.95.

But there's an Italeri Ferrari 250 GTO kit for $41.00 + $9.95 shipping. And a Revell Cadillac Eldorado Brougham kit for the same price. Both of those kits seem harder to find these days than the Explorer or Camaro.

The seller's listings also have some built kits but mostly general junk like dolls and games.  Looks like this seller probably lucked into an estate sale full of models.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AMT-Matchbox-Subaru-Brat-Model-kit-sealed-NEW-original-Pick-Up-Truck-VERY-NICE/183686478627?hash=item2ac4913b23:g:tdcAAOSwqfpZ2png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a rare kit, I do like it.  It would be a investment for me.  I'm sure if it were resin, it would be a desirable subject.  I would like one of these mint Myers Manx Tow'd  kits too.

myers manx Tow'd kit box.jpg

Edited by Greg Wann

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/19/2019 at 12:09 PM, Casey said:

Why haven't you gone through the effort yourself to find that info?

Because I don't care to get one?  Doesn't take much more time, if one knows, and had saved a link, to copy/paste as a courtesy.  Rumor or fact?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

Because I don't care to get one?  Doesn't take much more time, if one knows, and had saved a link, to copy/paste as a courtesy.  Rumor or fact?

There is info regarding this reissue already posted on the forum. The fact that you have not made any effort to spend your time looking for it, while twice expecting others to provide that "proof" for you, speaks volumes to your sense of entitlement.

Back to the topic at hand, I wouldn't be so quick to judge what original issue kits are being sold for, or what people are asking for them. Until we see the exact contents of the reissue,  it's impossible to say what might have changed, or how that might affect demand for an original versus a reissue. While I think $199.99 is a bit steep, someone else may be perfectly happy paying that asking price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Greg Wann said:

This is a rare kit, I do like it.  It would be a investment for me.  I'm sure if it were resin, it would be a desirable subject.  I would like one of these mint Myers Manx Tow'd  kits too.

myers manx Tow'd kit box.jpg

Another one I wish Round 2 would consider reissuing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Greg Wann said:

This is a rare kit, I do like it.  It would be a investment for me.  I'm sure if it were resin, it would be a desirable subject.  I would like one of these mint Myers Manx Tow'd  kits too.

myers manx Tow'd kit box.jpg

A friend had a 1:1 from 1977-mid 1980s. I would buy a resin version (or a reissue) and build it like Jon's. We "Tow'd" it from Sacramento to Phoenix and back in summer 1978 with a 440-powered '70 Town and Country. Boy, we burned a lot of gas. :o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those that dont want believe the Brat is getting resissued

 

From this Round2 display last month , no reason why this kit would be in the display if there were no plans for it to be reissued

9CiYEe8.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, martinfan5 said:

For those that dont want believe the Brat is getting resissued

 

From this Round2 display last month , no reason why this kit would be in the display if there were no plans for it to be reissued

9CiYEe8.jpg

Thank you for taking the time to post this (unlike someone else who seems to love lashing out at people).  I've searched for other subjects before, and if one did not put in proper tags, it doesn't work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, martinfan5 said:

From this Round2 display last month , no reason why this kit would be in the display if there were no plans for it to be reissued

9CiYEe8.jpg

Thank You for the pic, now everyone can see it for themselves. 

However, the box art looks like it may be different this time, so I guess the original will remain a rare, valuable, historic $200 gold bar!

Just not for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Up until now I never considered the Brat a subject I would be interested in, now I'm thinking I'll have to get one. I see they are going to offer the old AMT Nova SS and '55 Chevrolet. While many have po po'd these two in the past for inaccuracies but I have always liked them and wonder what all may have been done to enhance them or if they are just a straight reissue. I'm sure they are going to offer their newer line of tires and decals. The Police van has a lot of possibilities and the Prowler might be fun also.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would never pay $200 for one, but I will pay the HL price less %40 for one! It should be a nice nostalgia subject.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am looking forward to these. As a young modeler I can have my chances at getting some cool kits without paying the high prices. Though I am guilty of spending a pretty penny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, espo said:

Up until now I never considered the Brat a subject I would be interested in, now I'm thinking I'll have to get one. I see they are going to offer the old AMT Nova SS and '55 Chevrolet. While many have po po'd these two in the past for inaccuracies but I have always liked them and wonder what all may have been done to enhance them or if they are just a straight reissue. I'm sure they are going to offer their newer line of tires and decals. The Police van has a lot of possibilities and the Prowler might be fun also.  

Everything in that case photo with the exception of the Brat and the Titan (March reissue) have already been released. Some several months ago, but this was taken in Europe at a trade show, so it's showing off kits that haven't necessarily been distributed wildly there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, niteowl7710 said:

Everything in that case photo with the exception of the Brat and the Titan (March reissue) have already been released. Some several months ago, but this was taken in Europe at a trade show, so it's showing off kits that haven't necessarily been distributed wildly there. 

Thanks for the info. I'll have to look around for the Brat model locally. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This Brat has the Chicken tax seats in the bed. Similar to the Ford Transit rear seat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2019 at 4:30 PM, 89AKurt said:

Thank you for taking the time to post this (unlike someone else who seems to love lashing out at people).  I've searched for other subjects before, and if one did not put in proper tags, it doesn't work.

You are so right on searching the site for a particular subject and even thou there are threads on that certain subject your search does not always get you there!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Before Round 2 can reissue the Tow'd, they have to realize tht the engine and gearbox are in the Depth Charger and its sister kits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now