Model Cars Magazine Forum

1976 Cadillac Coupe DeVille by Modelhaus

Jeffcad

Hi guys !

Sharing today an old built, the Cadillac Coupe De Ville 1976 by Modelhaus. As these kits are ultra rare now I just regret to have built it at a time where my skills weren't as good as they are today. I could restore it completely though. I guess this Cadillac's still presentable and worth a few pics here, don't you think ? ...Ah, If only Revell would stop doing Customs and Lowriders to offer more old "stock" american cars !

IM8A4914.JPG

IM8A4903.JPG

IM8A4909.JPG

IM8A4899.JPG

IM8A4908.JPG

• Like 1

Simply Gorgeous! And you did one of my favorite cars of the '70's!

I was fortunate to get this just before Modelhaus shut down their website (the first time) and it's the last complete kit I was able to get from them. Now I'm not sure I'll ever build it for sentimental reasons as they've completely shut down.

I sort of consider this car the last hurrah for Cadillac because while the '77's were not bad cars, they lost something besides their size. They lost that "Cadillacness" which made them stand out for many a year. The Eldo would stick around for another couple years as the big boy, but by '79 it too got the shrink down.

Take a bow on this beauty! I don't think the kit makers will EVER do a full glue kit of this car and if one of these turns up on the 'Bay...........prime your wallet! ;)