[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
Zen

SMH 1986 Mustang

Has anyone bought the 1986 Mustang GT from SMH? I bought one a few weeks ago and am disappointed in the quality of the casting. Not sure if I just got a bad one or???? The front end detail is way off and sail panel detail on the drivers is almost non existent.

I own a full size 86 GT so maybe I'm being a bit too critical. I did contact SMH about the quality and they pretty told me to return it if not satisfied. Just wondering in the quality of their other bodies?

Has anyone bought their stuff before?

Zen

I just bought a '65 Falcon hood from them and was highly impressed with both the quality of the part and the speed of delivery. They seem like good people to work with. 

Who is SMH?,i'm curious to see this 86'Mustang.

At first I thought it stood for Shaking My Head

1 hour ago, BigTallDad said:

At first I thought it stood for Shaking My Head

Which would be apropos; because, that's what you'll do when trying to find the '86 Mustang there.

Hmmmm.....I checked out archive.org and couldn't find it in the archived SMH pages. I also did a search at Rocketfin's Resin Car and Truck Models and Bodies database and, surprisingly, nothing comes up for it. Rocketfin lists a lot of obscure and oddball resin from both still extant and defunct casters. I wonder why this particular body is MIA from all net searches.

That is odd, it was on their site back in late January when I bought mine.

One tiny grainy photo doesn't really help sell the product.