Model Cars Magazine Forum

New to this site

Evlwevl

I am 50 years old and started building models when I was around 10 years of age and was able to find model kits at the local drug store. I had built many a snap kit and funny cars were my passion. I continued to build into my early teens till life got in the way and only recently picked up the hobby and collecting about 3 years ago. I love to build hot rods and VWs although I have also acquired a passion for WWII armor and vehicles as well as Star Wars ships. I joined my local model club about 2 years ago and have participated along with my daughter in a few out of town competitions although I have never won anything. I’ve learned a lot on various Facebook groups althoughI have since quite Facebook. I’m looking forward to reading many posts here and gaining more knowledge on how to improve my builds. Some of my unbuilt collection.

A669C888-3C79-4CC5-930B-61AA4539A6C6.jpeg

Iamsuperdan, I’ve been collecting guitars since I was in high school, another one of my more expensive hobbies. I’ve owned Epiphones, Fenders, Gibson’s and many Ibanez. A few years ago, I moved over to Bass now playing 4 and 5 string and just purchased my first American elite pj. I jam with a few groups of folks but am really enjoying a surf guitar group I’m playing with now.

11 minutes ago, Foxer said:

Welcome to the forum. I've had many VW's in real life and trying to model them all!

I modeled a few of mine as well over the years. I’m now working on a Tamiya Sand Sorcher replica using a Revell street bug kit