Model Cars Magazine Forum

I just gave up..

23 hours ago, espo said:

In that same section you should be able to find some manicure type scissors both straight and curved. The cutting portion is very small and works great for getting in all the tight places to minimize the size of the decal.   

And around that area in a CVS or Walgreens you might find some nice, really pointy double ended Q-tips in a round container.  I use them to remove smeared clay in scripts and other detail when claying up parts for mold making.

1 hour ago, Greg Wann said:

And around that area in a CVS or Walgreens you might find some nice, really pointy double ended Q-tips in a round container.  I use them to remove smeared clay in scripts and other detail when claying up parts for mold making.

Thanks, I'll remember to look the next time I'm in there. I have been using the Tamiya Q-tips up until now. 

17 hours ago, TomZ said:

I have reliably found that the fastest way to find something is to accuse someone else of taking it. You will soon thereafter find where you put it.

1 hour ago, espo said:

Thanks, I'll remember to look the next time I'm in there. I have been using the Tamiya Q-tips up until now. 

Doesn't work for my wife, she's always accusing me of losing something of hers. 

11 hours ago, espo said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Microblading-Tattoo-Supply-Cotton-Swabs-Pointed-Q-Tip-Makeup-Cosmetic-Applicator/112353315580?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I bought some of these from the bay.  They have long handles and are slimmer.

I live on the island of misplaced toys!

I have lost and found several items in the model room recently...  

I could've sworn I had a fairly new can of Tamiya Black.  Searched everywhere. Nope.  I needed it for the 24 Hour Build since it dries quickly.  I went to Hobby Lobby and looked for Model Masters Lacquer Black.  Nope.  Best they had was Wet Look Metallic Black.  So that's what the chassis on my Model A Woody Pickup became.  It doesn't look half bad.

Then I squirted my last of my Walmart 99 cent flat black. I like this paint because it's a different tone than the hobby flat blacks. More of a satin.  I hit Walmart and they are out of it, only having their gloss black.  I figure I need it so I bought the Rustoleum $4 flat black.

My current build needs a ball shifter.  I know I bought a pack of pins at Walmart some time ago.  Or did I just imagine it?  I look everywhere. No pins. So while at Walmart, I buy a pack.

Within a day...  I see I have two cans of Tamiya Red. I pull them out and find one is my Tamiya Black with a wrong cap on it.  Yup,  I had dated the can 11-18 and it's near full.  

I move a tall can of spray paint aside to place the new can of Rustoleum.... what's right behind it? Brand new can of Walmart flat black!  

I pull down a small plastic basket of my weathering paints off the shelf above the work bench.  What's tucked in there?  A brand new box of pins for shifters!   

Okay..  next trip to Walmart the Rustoleum paint and a box of shifters... um pins go back!

And just yesterday....  I decided the engine needed to sit a bit higher on my current project.  I made a couple of spacers that sit between the engine mounts to raise it.  I glue one in place, then the other.  I look and the first one is missing.  I look around the bench... no. I actually clean up the bench... no.  Then I get down on my hands and knees with my little flashlight and a business card to sweep the hardwood floor in the immediate proximity.  I find a photo etch seat belt buckle and two  tiny ship building nails. No spacer!  

My alarm went off that it was time to go fetch my pizza. So I left the model room.  Later that evening I start working again.  I am putting shocks on the chassis and I notice one of the suspension parts looks odd... what's stuck to it?  The friggin engine spacer!    

26 minutes ago, Brutalform said:

I do believe this all falls under Murphy’s Law.

Smith's Law: "Murphy was an optimist."

Murphy's Mother's Law: "Murphy was right."

It was Friedrich Vischer who first proposed the theory that inanimate objects conspire against humans. I don't think he gets the credit he deserves.

Edited by TomZ

5 hours ago, TomZ said:

It was Friedrich Vischer who first proposed the theory that inanimate objects conspire against humans. I don't think he gets the credit he deserves.

I've called it simply "the natural cussedness of the universe." :lol: