Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bubble car custom - BMW Isetta 250

geetee66

A slight departure from my usual builds..

I lowered the ride height and used aftermarket BBS wheels and a metal muffler. I replace the tail lights with red bullet lenses and flocked the floor. Molotow chrome ink was airbrushed onto the parcel and luggage racks. Paint is mostly nail polish with some rattle can (& candy) paint decanted and thinned for airbrushing. 

This Revell kit is well made and has Tamiya fit quality. It's not often I build kits with such new tooling, so parts cleanup felt like a breeze.

I hope you like it 

IMG_3152.JPG

IMG_3153.JPG

IMG_3158.JPG

IMG_3160.JPG

IMG_3163.JPG

IMG_3165.JPG

IMG_3177.JPG

Where does one start??...EVERYTHING about this is just WOW!!!!  Obviously the paintjob is a masterpiece in its own right, but the wheels/tyres you chose -PERFECT!...the exhaust relocation -BRILLIANT!...the roof details -Outstanding!......right down to the little touches like the eyelids on the headlamps!!!!

I followed your build on this and as Dann pointed out "where do you start"?  besides all the amazing details, I'm impressed by the opening front door and the steering arms moving with the door. All of the changes you made to the wheels and tires and the custom paint work just all works together so well. 

Well Guy..... this is quite something..... a 1:16 scale Revell BMW Isetta 250 bubble car! This is a most unusual subject for a build, and an even more unusual choice for a custom build. Everything about your scale model and the superb paint finish is absolutely right. Those modifications are excellent and you clearly thought those through carefully. Several of your photos have captured the look of the real car. Features like the opening front door, the luggage case on the rack, the exhaust , the sunroof make this model very interesting, and even the wheels really suit the whole custom appearance. Looks like Revell came up with a Tamiya-like quality on this one. Until I saw this Under Glass posted topic of yours, I had never even looked at this kit, and I probably wasn't aware that it existed. You must be extremely pleased with how this has turned out Guy.

David

On 23/02/2019 at 3:23 PM, Dann Tier said:

Where does one start??...EVERYTHING about this is just WOW!!!!  Obviously the paintjob is a masterpiece in its own right, but the wheels/tyres you chose -PERFECT!...the exhaust relocation -BRILLIANT!...the roof details -Outstanding!......right down to the little touches like the eyelids on the headlamps!!!!

On 23/02/2019 at 4:23 PM, espo said:

I followed your build on this and as Dann pointed out "where do you start"?  besides all the amazing details, I'm impressed by the opening front door and the steering arms moving with the door. All of the changes you made to the wheels and tires and the custom paint work just all works together so well. 

Thanks very much! I greatly appreciate your kind comments.

I admire and respect your builds and many more posted on this forum. So to receive praise like this is amazing.

cheers everyone