Model Cars Magazine Forum

2019 Motorcraft Ford GT

Jay

8 hours ago, tmathew1us said:

Nice work.

How is the kit?

Did it come in the castrol and Red-White-and Blue liveries as well?

The kit is decent... it had the typical Revell flaws... sink marks, fit issues, and the thickness of some parts is terrible.  The kit has the red, white, and blue Le Mans livery inside.  I used aftermarket decals because I am worn out on the standard livery and wanted something different.

30 minutes ago, Jay said:

I used aftermarket decals because I am worn out on the standard livery and wanted something different.

I understand your point completely. Attractive as the standard livery may be, if you see it too often, you get tired of it. I keep having that same problem with the Beemax BMW M3 '91, as it is mostly done in the three-colored BMW works livery... 

Your progress looks excellent, by the way!

Dave, 

It seems this kit has not made it stateside.  Doesn't make sense as I'm sure it will sell pretty good.  I ended up ordering mine from Hiroboy in the United Kingdom.  With shipping to the US it was like $38 back around Christmas time.  HLJ (Japan) was already out of stock at that time.

Thanks,

18 hours ago, Dave Van said:

Are we going to get this kit stateside????  Imports are north of $50 plus shipping. 

Splash Paints has ordered some in, but I'm pretty sure he sells out quick each time he's gotten them in. I've ordered 3 of them now from Hiroboy, definitely less than $50US including shipping.

14 hours ago, ismaelg said:

Dave, 

It seems this kit has not made it stateside.  Doesn't make sense as I'm sure it will sell pretty good.  I ended up ordering mine from Hiroboy in the United Kingdom.  With shipping to the US it was like $38 back around Christmas time.  HLJ (Japan) was already out of stock at that time.

Thanks,

Not sure why they're not making it to the US from Revell, the UK distributors have had them since November and have restocked like 4xs already. Again....Hiroboy, they send shipments to NA on a daily basis and if you get your order in early (I always place my order late at night NA time) and it ships same day.

20 hours ago, ismaelg said:

Looking good!  IMHO this livery looks better than the original tricolor like the one I'm doing (2016 Le Mans).  The Castrol livery is also nice.  

I agree the Daytona liveries this year were very good. Unfortunately they're not using them all year, which I think is a mistake. I'm working on the Castrol livery myself, Indycals decals as well.

20190222_213604-vi.jpg

Looking good Jay, sorry to hi jack your build thread a bit. Looking forward to more.

Edited by Jhedir6

On 2/26/2019 at 7:57 AM, Dave Van said:

Are we going to get this kit stateside????  Imports are north of $50 plus shipping. 

I got mine from shop4megastore.com. Was $38.95 with free shipping when I ordered. It's gone up to $49.99 now though. Site says there is only 1 left in stock. I'm sure that's the reason for the price hike.

4 minutes ago, Kennyboy said:

??......wow

I have for too many years worked in the hobby business......I helped run two different hobby shops over the years.....back in the 1980's I bought kits at cost....which was $3.35 each!!! I bought a few!  Then in the old days we would deal with a number of wholesalers......one offered us all his discontinued kits at $1 each if we took all 500.....we did! Still today I freelance work in the biz......and get items that way.........

I won't talk about the 2K kits I sold a hobby dealer in 2017........:lol: