Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 68 Chevelle availability

Timonator

Model Roundup is showing June.  Some online vendors sold out of the initial shipment and won’t have a restock until June, or Revell won’t have anymore in the US to ship to distributors until then? Same with the Boss 302 I’ve noticed. 

I had bought one Chevelle from Model Roundup when they first got them, picked up a couple more off eBay Friday, got them today. 

Edited by Rob Hall

I have had one on order at my local hobby shop and their supplier has been unable to get them. I bought mine a few weeks ago at Hobby Lobby with the coupon. I'll still take the kit from the hobby shop when they do start getting them. I think it all has to do with the big guys getting first dibs.  

For the past few months, my two distributors haven't been able to get their hands on several Revell or Revell of Germany car kits that are "high demand" items, with the '68 Chevelle being in that group. Another "oddly enough" example is that the RoG Ford GT racer is still outside of my distribution channels despite the fact that Tamiya's Ford GT was effectively in my hands within seconds of its formal announcement. 

Yesterday I went to a big Hobby Lobby, about 25 miles from me.  Along with the Round 2 '32 Ford Panel Truck and '34 Ford pickup, this store had the Revell Boss 302 Mustang.  So the Boss 302 seems to be getting into the HL bloodstream, at least.

No Revell '68 Chevelle yet, and no Round 2 '60 Chevy pickup with go-kart (the one kit I'm really waiting for).

46 minutes ago, Mike999 said:

Yesterday I went to a big Hobby Lobby, about 25 miles from me.  Along with the Round 2 '32 Ford Panel Truck and '34 Ford pickup, this store had the Revell Boss 302 Mustang.  So the Boss 302 seems to be getting into the HL bloodstream, at least.

No Revell '68 Chevelle yet, and no Round 2 '60 Chevy pickup with go-kart (the one kit I'm really waiting for).

I don't think my HL has had them yet, but they did have the Boss 302 last week. 

I got my '68 Chevelle back in January, from a vendor who brings and sells new model kits at our monthly MCCM meetings. As soon as I hear of something I'm interested in, I check and see if he'll be getting it. If he is, with his reasonable prices, I get those kits I want shortly after they are released. 

I have no interest in the Boss 302. But, our model dealer at the meetings has already had the kit available for others. So, I could have gotten one if I wanted. 

• Xingu locked this topic