Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 68 Chevelle availability

Timonator

My San Leandro pusher actually beat my RPP pals in Rohnert Park. 

Got the 'Stang and Chevelle from the former in January, the latter only just got the Mustang in, no Chevelle yet.  No restock since for the the San Leandro guy either.

In the aggregate it seems the 302 is just a bit more in the US brick-and-mortar pipeline right now than the Chevelle - possibly because part of the Chevelle's run was reserved for RevellAG boxing?

Yeah Revell's done so well with this model I can see them giving us more versions of it not far down the road. I sure hope this is a trend with them and we continue to see well executed models without proportion foibles that have plagued some of their cars in the past.

Interesting enough, I still see a number of them on the 'Bay and the fellow that carries models at our club meetings still had some. He's sold a LOT of 'em though!

I just brought home my second '68 Chevelle. I got the last one Hobby lobby had. Lima Oh HL has the new Revell  Boss 302 Mustang  well 5 of them  That's what they had when I seen them and when I left the isle. But still no '60 apache pickup kits.....

3 hours ago, MrObsessive said:

Yeah Revell's done so well with this model I can see them giving us more versions of it not far down the road. I sure hope this is a trend with them and we continue to see well executed models without proportion foibles that have plagued some of their cars in the past.

Interesting enough, I still see a number of them on the 'Bay and the fellow that carries models at our club meetings still had some. He's sold a LOT of 'em though!

A convertible would be nice, but I'd like to see a Wagon and or an El Camino also. 

54 minutes ago, espo said:

A convertible would be nice, but I'd like to see a Wagon and or an El Camino also. 

We already have a perfectly fine '68 El Camino kit. If they'd want to give us a '69, though, I'd buy at least one. 

3 minutes ago, MyBradKeselowski said:

It has never even carried the MPC Squad Nova and I've been looking for it for awhile now.

I finally had to order one from Southern Motorsports Hobbies. Had it in my hands four days later. 

22 hours ago, MrObsessive said:

All true. I suspect sales will cool down, now but a convertible or 1969 version will bring back the demand

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 11:56 AM, ranma said:

I just brought home my second '68 Chevelle. I got the last one Hobby lobby had. Lima Oh HL has the new Revell  Boss 302 Mustang  well 5 of them  That's what they had when I seen them and when I left the isle. But still no '60 apache pickup kits.....

Sort of the same at the 2 Hobby Lobbys closest to me, except no '68 Chevelles or '60 Chevy pickup yet, at either one.

I just stopped in the nearest HL about an hour ago. It still doesn't have the Revell Boss 302 Mustang. But a HL about 20 miles away had a bunch of them last week. The nearest HL is in a very small town. Maybe that has something to do with it; stores in smaller towns are at the end of the supply chain, or something.

OOF.

(uh yeah, I think the hating on Revell AG boxes is pretty well illustrated and justified here)

"Service Information", upper right of the Revell.com home page, links to the people to contact about replacement parts - unfortunately, it looks like ALL of that is getting processed from Germany right now.

• Xingu locked this topic