Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Dodge Challenger

PappyD340

On 2/26/2019 at 6:58 AM, Modlbldr said:

That looks beautiful. Very nice job you did on it. One to definitely be proud of. The color looks like a very good match too.

Later-

On 2/26/2019 at 7:12 AM, shoopdog said:

Very well done and super clean build!

On 2/26/2019 at 7:21 AM, Tom99 said:

Very nice!!

On 2/26/2019 at 10:30 AM, FabbricaP said:

Immaculate build!

Thank you guys!

On 2/26/2019 at 11:35 AM, espo said:

Beautiful clean looking build. great color combination. 

On 2/26/2019 at 11:43 AM, jefropas said:

Great stuff! I've got the same project on the shelf of doom because I can't decide a exterior color....

Jeff

On 2/26/2019 at 11:49 AM, Scalper said:

paint looks nice and clean. nice work

On 2/26/2019 at 12:15 PM, Hmann68 said:

Very sharp! Clean all around! Like the others said good job on the valance, I wish I would’ve filled mine in when I built it at the time, looks so much nicer ?

On 2/26/2019 at 4:48 PM, Zoom said:

Looks great and well done!

Thank you guys

11 hours ago, mustang1989 said:

That's a good lookin' Challenger. Love the work on the seam up front between the front valance and the body as well as the removal of those nasty "dots" in the headlights.

11 hours ago, ChrisR said:

Very nice!

11 hours ago, Mr mopar said:

One Sweet T/A Challenger !!

10 hours ago, Michael in Illinois said:

Super clean build, and way cool color. Nicely done

Thanks guys

On 26.2.2019 at 11:41 AM, mustang1989 said:

I'll second that on the seam up front as well as getting rid of those "dots" in the headlamps. Very nicely done Larry.

On 26.2.2019 at 11:28 AM, Classicgas said:

Very well done and kudos for taking the time to correct the front valance seam. Most don't bother but it is very noticeable. Same issue exists with the Monogram 71 Cuda.

That a great model, Larry, congrats on that! 

Would anyone explain what it is about with the valance seam and headlamp dots? I tried to find out by checking images on the internet, but seem to miss the point...

On 2/27/2019 at 8:37 PM, Jmaracing said:

Great looking build.

On 2/27/2019 at 9:46 PM, tbill said:

Looks great! I’m doing one in sublime green, I however forgot about the valance part....will have to fix that on the next one I guess. Very clean build, and the antenna is a nice touch .

On 3/1/2019 at 5:41 AM, Tommy124 said:

That a great model, Larry, congrats on that! 

Would anyone explain what it is about with the valance seam and headlamp dots? I tried to find out by checking images on the internet, but seem to miss the point...

14 hours ago, ATHU said:

Wow! looks the part, fantastic buiid!!

Thanks guys, To answer your question Thomas, there is no panel line in the fender below the side marker light where the valance attaches to the fender on a 1:1 car just a crease in the sheet metal the panel line is actually beside the turn signal in front but this kit, the front valance attaches right below the side marker lights and I can only assume lots of builders think this is the correct panel line,  as far as the headlight dots, in this kit instead of having just a lens cover these lenses have a clear stem on the back of them that fits into a locator hole in the headlight bucket and if its not trimmed off and painted over you will get a dark gray dot in the center of the lens which looks more like a modern halogen lamp but there were none in 1970, they didn't come out until 1983, anyway hope this helps.

On 2.3.2019 at 12:57 PM, PappyD340 said:

Thanks guys, To answer your question Thomas, there is no panel line in the fender below the side marker light where the valance attaches to the fender on a 1:1 car just a crease in the sheet metal the panel line is actually beside the turn signal in front but this kit, the front valance attaches right below the side marker lights and I can only assume lots of builders think this is the correct panel line

Thanks a lot Larry, for taking the time. I'm not one to "dramatize" single details for better realism but it's good to know about these things. And I guess this fault can be corrected quite easily. As Classicgas pointed out already, the '71 Hemi Cuda by Monogram/ Revell is affected by the same fault...

4 minutes ago, Tommy124 said:

Thanks a lot Larry, for taking the time. I'm not one to "dramatize" single details for better realism but it's good to know about these things. And I guess this fault can be corrected quite easily. As Classicgas pointed out already, the '71 Hemi Cuda by Monogram/ Revell is affected by the same fault...

Your welcome Tommy yes just a little putty will do the job and the thing about the headlights let me correct myself on that, I said after you trim off the stem from the lens to paint over it, what I should have said was you have to fill in the hole in the headlight bucket, I just take a piece of styrene rod and fill the hole you don't need much and you want it flush with the inside back of the bucket and then I just paint the end of the rod with silver cause if you paint the actual lens it will not look very good, I apologize for any confusion!

3 minutes ago, PappyD340 said:

Your welcome Tommy yes just a little putty will do the job and the thing about the headlights let me correct myself on that, I said after you trim off the stem from the lens to paint over it, what I should have said was you have to fill in the hole in the headlight bucket, I just take a piece of styrene rod and fill the hole you don't need much and you want it flush with the inside back of the bucket and then I just paint the end of the rod with silver cause if you paint the actual lens it will not look very good, I apologize for any confusion!

Got it - thanks again!

• 1 month later...