Model Cars Magazine Forum
ewetwo

Is there clear plastic in these kits

I was wondering if there was clear plastic in these kits so I know if they are complete or not. Thanks!

chrylser.jpg

mark2.jpg

1 hour ago, ewetwo said:

OK. Thank you for letting me know. Did you make your own?  

I haven't built one yet, but they don't seem like they would be too difficult to make glass for.

Steve

I'm old enough to remember these when they first were released. They were cutting edge at the time when we didn't really know what that ment. The body shape and trim were very accurate and built up into some great looking models. 

Just be prepared for the multipiece bodies to be fiddly to assemble (especially the Chrysler, which has issues with hood alignment and fit of the C-pillars).

Speaking of that one, it can't be assembled stock, but it just needs the correct wheelcovers and grille. I recently got the correct parts and I'm going to cast up some copies soon.

Edited by ChrisBcritter

2 minutes ago, ChrisBcritter said:

Just be prepared for the multipiece bodies to be fiddly to assemble (especially the Chrysler).

Speaking of that one, it can't be assembled stock, but it just needs the correct wheelcovers and grille. I recently got the correct parts and I'm going to cast up some copies soon.

Yes Christopher.. I remember our conversation about the one you have.. If I get the Chrysler I might be contacting you. :)

Hoping I am not hi jacking here, but here is my Continental. If I remember I cut the dash away behind the screen to hold the shape of the 'Glass'. The glass is not Evergreen clear but just .2mm clear plastic. It does cloud up using Super glue to fix but that can polish out :)P9300493.thumb.jpg.e9a417047b0e0336a09df1e2873207ba.jpg5c7653f306bd6_P9300485(1).thumb.jpg.9ac62ce5b641c3e6c5e36a902e21d295.jpg

That came out really nice. I don't care about hi jacking as you learn by the examples that are shown.:)