Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fujimi EM Jaguar XK-SS 1/24

If you’ve found a Fujimi EM kit of an XKSS it’s a new one on me. The Revell is a nice 90s kit, with a reasonable level of detail. It is a bit tricky to get the front shell together  so that it opens properly, and it benefits from adding the highly visible rivet detailing on the body. The good news is that unlike an E-type, the real thing has visible join lines on the body, so you don’t have to worry about how to get rid of them.

best,

M.

Edited by Matt Bacon

One caution about that kit as I built one years ago converting it into a D-Type------KEEP CHECKING the engine placement/height in relation to the cowl. If it's too high up, you'll have trouble shutting the hood. One solution is to shave the motor mounts down a bit before installing.

I'd still check things along the way though as everything will need to stay below the cowl, otherwise you will have problems. BTW, I've not seen a Fujimi Jag XKSS either..........that would be something to see!

Hope this helps!

left-profile-human-sized-L.jpg

Now THIS is the money shot! Mighty, mighty nice Matt!

I've have two of these kits yet to build besides the D-Type I did. The original ROG red box art one and the green car box art reissue they did years ago. Sure wish they would bring this one back as these can be pricey. If one takes their time, a very nice model can come out of this as you've shown! B)

Cool. I'm very glad to see this kit back on the shelf again, whatever name it's under. I bought a RoG kit (green car on box) off ebay years ago, but the front splash pan was missing. It will make a good kit from which to build a D-Type, but won't address the XKSS jones without scratch building a splash pan (which may be tricky).

Regarding issues with the kit, it's impossible to say if the Fujimi version will be effected, but Revell issue kits can exhibit a serious reaction between the tires and the wheels whereby the wheels will melt and deform over time. The issue can be corrected by coating the interface between the tires and wheels with BMF or perhaps a robust clear coat.

Thank you for all the info, guys!  My Fujimi kit arrived today, from Japan, and indeed it is the same as the Revell kit.  I checked the sprues count by comparing my kit with pictures of the Revell kit that I found online.  It is a great kit, and I can't wait to build it!! Cheers, fellas!