Model Cars Magazine Forum

Heller 359 wrecker

1 hour ago, Chariots of Fire said:

IF you want some chrome try a Molotow chrome pen.  It really works!

That would probably work best if its in a pen since these parts are so small def gonna look into that. I bought some alclad II chrome to try in my airbrush so maybe ill just use that on my other 1/25 scale trucks im going to start soon..thanks for the tip!

On 3/7/2019 at 11:26 AM, Jimbo8v92 said:

That would probably work best if its in a pen since these parts are so small def gonna look into that. I bought some alclad II chrome to try in my airbrush so maybe ill just use that on my other 1/25 scale trucks im going to start soon..thanks for the tip!

They come in 3 sizes, 1mm, 2mm and 4mm.  The smallest would work the best for real small stuff. If you thought of chroming the radiator shell I would go with the larger ones to reduce the number of passes required.

12 minutes ago, Chariots of Fire said:

They come in 3 sizes, 1mm, 2mm and 4mm.  The smallest would work the best for real small stuff. If you thought of chroming the radiator shell I would go with the larger ones to reduce the number of passes required.

Yes thankyou, i ordered a 1mm and 4mm yesterday so cant wait to try it. Going to try the alclad this weekend on the wheels

Edited by Jimbo8v92

21 minutes ago, tbill said:

Man, i thought I had posted on this, this is looking great! I’ve always passed on chances to buy these kits, guess maybe I should have bought a few. Looks great!

Lol yeah i almost passed because it was a 1/43 scale, but i liked that it had the twin boom holmes 750 so i figured ide give it a shot and glad i did. Very cool model for sure.

21 minutes ago, NothingAsFineAsaW9 said:

Did you have to primer or anything for the chrome pens to stick to the part's. 

Nope didnt sand them or prime them just went over everything with the pen. I noticed the heavier you put it on the more it looks like a mirror. I also painted the wheels gloss black first to see if it helped and it doesnt seem as bright as when i just put it on bare plastic.

Thanks looks good. 

Reason I ask is the Ho trucks I do are not chromed or the chrome is so thick most the detail is hidden. 

Again thanks much appreciated.

Just got a 1mm & 4mm Molotow pens 

Edited by NothingAsFineAsaW9

9 hours ago, U_ser_ID said:

That is the coolest "pegboard". What is it?

Thanks man trucks almost done just need to paint marker lights, and get some string for the cables.

The peg board is from a company called wall control. Awsome product and they sell all different size panels with different hooks, shelfs, clamps. I got my setup on ebay for 70 bucks shipped i think..came with 3 panels and a bunch of hooks, holders, and shelves. Great deal for sure.

15 hours ago, Jimbo8v92 said:

Thanks man trucks almost done just need to paint marker lights, and get some string for the cables.

The peg board is from a company called wall control. Awsome product and they sell all different size panels with different hooks, shelfs, clamps. I got my setup on ebay for 70 bucks shipped i think..came with 3 panels and a bunch of hooks, holders, and shelves. Great deal for sure.

Thanks! Might check into it one day. Lots of tools to buy in this life... Auto body tools, model making tools, house renovation tools... Lol