Model Cars Magazine Forum

First Look - 2019 Detroit Autorama - Lotsa model project ideas!

Over 400 pictures from the first two hours of the 2019 Detroit Cobo Autorama, generally considered one of the two most important indoor car shows in the US each year.  

Includes all the "Great 8" Ridler Award finalists....

Great modeling ideas abound....

DSC 0993

Check it out here....

Best Regards....TIM 

Edited by tim boyd

Great pix my friend. Lots of (IMO) emerging trends here including but not limited to non-metallic dark paint colors and really big wheels. Thanks for the excellent detail shots of carb linkage set-ups on street rod engines. Kind of like being there without all the walking and no crowds to fight.

Tim Thank you again for posting your pictures for us to see. You are pictures are miles  better than I can do with my phone.

That 60 Ford Wagon was over the top cool. Pic 319 and 320 I recall. I spent about 15 minutes checking that car out. The paint with the airbrushed wood grain  was amazing. Just trying to figure how that Willys was a great 8 and not the wagon.  I am sure the caddy Nomad will win though. All very nice cars. 

On 3/3/2019 at 4:46 AM, Yahshu said:

Thank you for sharing, the Caddy Nomad is my favourite. 

Phil....I gotta agree with you here.....it was also my favorite among all 8 consistently outstanding Ridler finalists this year.    The fact that it won the Ridler on Sunday was no surprise to me.  It was the clearest winner in my mind since Chip's last two Ridler winners...….TIM