Model Cars Magazine Forum

Italari American wrecker truck

On 3/2/2019 at 10:55 AM, kpnuts said:

I know a lot of people don't like it but I'm doing it as an old and tired truck, in the past I've got a lot of flack for doing this type of stuff, well it's my model and I like doing old.

Keep up the weathering. After all, most workhorse rigs don't stay showroom new for very long! At the minimum, they get dusty and faded. At worst, they get dented and damaged. 

Just remember, keep it restrained. Companies don't want to put out a bad image with "junky" trucks, but they're not going to spend thousands of dollars keeping them "show car" detailed, either. 

Build it however you like it. I really appreciate builders who can create convincing weathering on their models!

Hi Patrick I agree most companies would keep rigs showroom as to keep a good image but I'm going for an independent (let's face it a company is not likely to come out to an alien crash, I mean the cost of chasing up payment if they did a runner) no I'm going for a poor independent who can just about keep his truck running so will take any job.

• 2 weeks later...