Model Cars Magazine Forum

Getting the NASCAR bug, looking for decals

Fat Brian

I've been bitten pretty hard by the NASCAR bug and have been wanting to build some cars I remember from my childhood and significant cars from the past. My first model kit was Mark Martin's Folgers car, I'd like to find better decals for that one. I'm also looking for decals for Petty's 84 Daytona car, I have the old kit with those decals but the orange looks far too bright. I'm kind of late to the party and it seems like a lot of items that were available have gone away.

The red is a neon color.  I have read where it has been called Racing Red or Rocket Red.

As far as the decals are concerned, you will have no problems finding the Petty decals.  I did some quick looking and I do not think there is an aftermarket option for the Folgers decals.  I built that kit a number of years ago using the kit decals and it turned out pretty good.

Looking thru the linked sites above seen the Folgers decals somewhere in there I do believe. 

Need to build my Petty's farewell car have the decals and kit just need to finish up a few other project's first 

Edited by NothingAsFineAsaW9