Model Cars Magazine Forum

1965 Dodge D700 Dick Landy race car hauler

Hi guys,
Here is my last project finally done : a Dick Landy Dodge 1965 D700 race car hauler and the Hemi Dart.
It's a long time project which I stopped during a few years and get back to it to bring at a car show next week end.
It starts life as an AMT Ford Louisville with a RMR resin cab, both were highly modified, cab gets home made truck fender, Fireball Modelworks doors handle, MCG emblems, resin wheels, scratch fuel tank, rear platform was modified to look like the 1/1, engine was replace for a Dodge big block of course :), cab decals designed by a good friend of mine :)
The Hemi Dart is a Revell kit, with correct Dodge A100 seats, Charger steering wheel, correct painted Hemi to look like the Landy's Dart one.
Believe me it was a hard project as it was very hard to find good pictures of the truck, finally a friend of mine bought the book of the story of Dick Landy which helps me to have some nice view about it.
Didn't know where to post it between Big Rig or Light commercial so.....
Hope you will like it :)

DSC00474.JPG

DSC00475.JPG

DSC00476.JPG

DSC00477.JPG

DSC00478.JPG

• Like 1

My hat's off to you for such a wonderful build!

It is evident the amount of time and work that went into it!B)

Luke the Landy figure with his trademark stogie too!:lol:

I remember well watching him make his pass with his cigar in his mouth the whole time!