Model Cars Magazine Forum

63 Ford hubcaps

Actually... these hub caps come as part of the 1963 Mayberry 4 door sedan resin trans kit. If memory serves, this is an older Hendrix piece that is still available through Star Models.

You might want to send Steve an email (SteveKohler@cox.net) and see if he can cast just these caps for you. They look pretty good!

In the mean time, all of us who have a love of anything with "poverty caps" can keep hoping the 3D printing crowd jumps in to help.

mayberry63.png

7 hours ago, camaro69 said:

Already started on these... Here some rendered preview pics.

63_ford_hubcap01.jpg.ad73188ef3bc26c7f392f64063581612.jpg

63_ford_hubcap02.jpg.2f51ce99b5ab5f318be43e6d8aa5f491.jpg

63_ford_hubcap03.jpg.aafeb9700b445e86c9d6329bb2797076.jpg

They have a flat back. Diameter 10.7mm, depth 1.96mm.

Rico

Looking really good Rico, I've got more pictures for you as I promised and they are uploaded to my Fotki, I sent you a message with the link.
I will also get several sets of these when they are done.

Edited by Force

6 hours ago, camaro69 said:

Rico

Rico,

Any chance you could be talked into making a grille, tail light trim panel and interior for the Revell 1967 GTX so it can  be converted to a 1966 ?

I'm in talks to buy this very car and would love to build a replica for the shelf

Bob-Hemi-Car.jpg

Edited by gtx6970

9 hours ago, Kayma367 said:

Actually... these hub caps come as part of the 1963 Mayberry 4 door sedan resin trans kit. If memory serves, this is an older Hendrix piece that is still available through Star Models.

You might want to send Steve an email (SteveKohler@cox.net) and see if he can cast just these caps for you. They look pretty good!

In the mean time, all of us who have a love of anything with "poverty caps" can keep hoping the 3D printing crowd jumps in to help.

mayberry63.png

Yes I know, I contacted him a while ago but the kit was out of stock and he didn't want to sell individual parts.
He said he would get back to me when the kits came back in stock but I have not heard from him since so I assume they are still out of stock.
But Rico contacted me about a week ago and said he could do them for me if I had patience, so I shot lots of reference pictures for him with measurements so he can do them right.

Edited by Force

Thank you guys. Nice to see that there´s so much interest in these items.

Håkan sent me a big bunch of photos with dimensions so I can check now if my 3d model is correct.

@gtx6970: Best way is to simply send me a PM. One thing I can tell you already is that I don´t have a ´67 GTX in my stash. So I need dimensions of the kits parts you want to have to be replaced.

I hope this helps for the first time.

Update will come.

19 hours ago, gtx6970 said:

Rico,

Any chance you could be talked into making a grille, tail light trim panel and interior for the Revell 1967 GTX so it can  be converted to a 1966 ?

I'm in talks to buy this very car and would love to build a replica for the shelf

Bob-Hemi-Car.jpg

I would be so in on this one . IIRC , Dave Dodge offered the Belvedere or Sattelite 1 Sedan  .Did this as the Cornet have a quarter panel bulges in '66 not carried over into the '67 Slab Sided bodies ? Thanx ..  

14 hours ago, camaro69 said:

Thank you guys. Nice to see that there´s so much interest in these items.

Håkan sent me a big bunch of photos with dimensions so I can check now if my 3d model is correct.

@gtx6970: Best way is to simply send me a PM. One thing I can tell you already is that I don´t have a ´67 GTX in my stash. So I need dimensions of the kits parts you want to have to be replaced.

I hope this helps for the first time.

Update will come.

pm coming

And Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

had some time today to check the dimensions of the hubcaps. Would call them done now. I really hope the details come out like they should.

Please let me know what you think. Will put them into my shop in the next days as a set of 8 caps.

image.png.e7548e267b2f992178d16bf5dac656fa.png

image.png.3907264ff9a7e585bc3de9f5d40be1e2.png

Best regards, Rico

Looking good Rico, the center "button" could be tweaked some more as it's slightly off, the center depression should be concave, not flat.

If you look closely at this picture you might see what I mean.

IMG_0818.thumb.JPG.2703fd6d1e54ef7e138a5a88d566dd5f.JPG

I'm looking forward to be able to buy these.

Edited by Force

I know what you mean. Will try to make it better again. Maybe we should do the center deepening a little bit out of scale to make it look more correct. We´ll see.

Hope to get this done till the weekend. Will upload new pics when done.

I noticed a stepped edge where the deepening meet the inner part of the flat circle of the center "button" on your rendering, it should not be there as the concave line of the center deepening goes all the way up to and meets the inner edge of this circle, so there is no step on the inner part of that circle on the real thing...I hope you understand what I'm trying to explain.
Otherwise it looks pretty dead on.
The center "button" will of course be quite small in 1:25th scale and this will maybe not show much.

Edited by Force