Model Cars Magazine Forum

My first GM build; 1970 Baldwin Camaro

Dann Tier

Hey, everyone!, I recently had an old friend move here from Santa Cruz, California. We use to build together over a decade ago, and now he wants to start it up again! I asked him which car he wanted to build, and he chose AMT's 1970 Baldwin Motion Camaro, so that's what we're doing. I mostly build exotics, but I do have a TON of muscle car kits,  this however, will be my very first GM build.....i'm pretty stoked!! The 1970 Camaro is my favorite year for that car, in fact, 1970 was the BEST year for muscle cars from ALL the manufacturers! If you are familiar with how I build, this will come as no surprise....its almost imposable for me to NOT change things. This is no exception, lol. He will build his in a more traditional Hot rod way, which I will also post here as we go. Heres a riddle for mine; what do you get when mix the following cars, and styles together?...

155055372_-70-12-baldwin-motion-camaro-124-car-model-kit-factory-.jpg

accurate_miniature_24001_-_corvette_grand_sport_-_24_1220_n.jpg

DragFunny-Car-Liveries-5.jpg

134052-tn_4-9-05090.jpg

Img2010-01-08_0011.jpg

Dann, this is too much info for my feeble mind to even

try and comprehend here!?!

But that last pic of the `73 Roadrunner is out of this

world kinda kool!!!  I love it!

I personally have no guess as to what is in store for us!

David S.

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 12:49 AM, mod3l Lover said:

Dann, this is too much info for my feeble mind to even

try and comprehend here!?!

But that last pic of the `73 Roadrunner is out of this

world kinda kool!!!  I love it!

I personally have no guess as to what is in store for us!

David S.

LOL, thanks, bud!!….I built that RR a loooong time ago for my brother.

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 8:07 PM, Jmaracing said:

Good luck on your build. Iam building one now and it’s a cool kit.

Thanks, Joe!, I normally stay FAR away from AMT kits, but there are a few that are outstanding, and this IS one of them!.....I think I have seen yours.....I will check it out again!

Hey, everybody!, here is the concept behind my build. Apart from my buddies, mine will be a one of a kind "Would-be" prototype, along the same lines, and feel of the Rapid Transit cars from Mopar. Its NOT going to have newer technology, But it will be fitted with an Accurate Miniatures Corvette Grand Sport Motor. Here is a quick look...more photos coming soon, as well as for my buddies  build!

DSCF7904.JPG

Hi Dann, you are entering new areas... Quick build of the Koenig SL and now actually a MUSCLE CAR! As you might know I'm in the US car "mode" currently (I might be forced to change my nick to Tommy125 eventually... :rolleyes: ), I'll be watching whatever great work you will be doing on this kit! 

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 11:15 AM, Tommy124 said:

Hi Dann, you are entering new areas... Quick build of the Koenig SL and now actually a MUSCLE CAR! As you might know I'm in the US car "mode" currently (I might be forced to change my nick to Tommy125 eventually... :rolleyes: ), I'll be watching whatever great work you will be doing on this kit! 

LOL!!, I actually LOVE muscle cars....especially from 1970!!  I even have a VERY large collection of them!

20 hours ago, Plastic_Passion said:

I plan on building the d&z customs "project envious" camaro. However I'm not basing mine off the Baldwin. I sort of wish I was but I am using the 70 z/28 from amt. But I'm buying some things here and there for it. I'll be following along as i love this year as well!

Never heard of it, Jeremy, but it sounds cool!!!