Model Cars Magazine Forum

My first GM build; 1970 Baldwin Camaro

Dann Tier

Nice to see you do some muscel Dann. 

Putting a 1/24 engine in a 1/25 body is one of my favourite tricks. Gives the look of a monster motor. That Grand Sport engine is a real gem too.

Looking foward to seeing your progress on this one.

10 hours ago, beeRS said:

Nice to see you do some muscel Dann. 

Putting a 1/24 engine in a 1/25 body is one of my favourite tricks. Gives the look of a monster motor. That Grand Sport engine is a real gem too.

Looking foward to seeing your progress on this one.

Thanks, Sonny!, I should have some new photos VERY soon, as well as photos from my friends.....FINALLY, lol

Hey everyone, heres a bit of an update on my car, and finally my buddies car!

-Photo 1; Using canopy glue, I can easily test fit my tyres without commitment. I got these tyres from an AMT Dodge Viper kit. They are probably onr of the only domestic kit tyres that I actually like.

-Photo 2; This shows the stance I want, and the wheels that I got from an old AMT Corvette Gasser kit. I wanted a brushed look, so I sprayed them with Tamiya Flat clear...I may use Tamiyas thinner to bring the chrome back on the rings though....haven't quite decided yet.

-Photo 3; Here you can see I was getting rid of the factory engine crossover, the seat locators, and needed holes cut in the wheel wells for tyre clearance.

-Photo 4; I didn't like how unrealistic the gauges looked to me, so I cut them out so that I can make better ones. These are my interior bits; shifter from a Tamiya Subaru STI, steering wheel from a Fujimi Ferrari 288 GTO, Bucket seats from a Revell Corvette, and a steering column from a Fujimi Mini Cooper S.

-Photo 5; As I do with most of my builds now, I rounded the appropriate edges of the seat cushions to make them look more realistic.....

-Photo 6; ...and a new thing i'm about to try, is to etch the separation line between the butt, and back cushions, to hopefully help with even more realism.

DSCF8092.JPG

DSCF8093.JPG

DSCF8094.JPG

DSCF8095.JPG

DSCF8096.JPG

DSCF8097.JPG

Edited by Dann Tier

Heres my buddy, Arts start....His body shows the kolor he wants it, but its used to show him his imperfections right now. He spent ALOT of time scribbing all the seams. The bracket just infront of the windscreen, is for a tach.

-Photos 5 & 6; He notched-out the hood to snug the tach.

-Photo 8; heres his engine block, and seat he's using.

-Photo 9; His tyres, and wheels....

-Photo 10; ….and some of the bits he started casting himself in metal!

DSCF8098.JPG

DSCF8099.JPG

DSCF8100.JPG

DSCF8101.JPG

DSCF8102.JPG

DSCF8103.JPG

DSCF8104.JPG

DSCF8107.JPG

DSCF8108.JPG

DSCF8109.JPG

Edited by Dann Tier

8 hours ago, Rider said:

Hi Dan,

It always a pleasure to follow your builds. I am digging where this might be going.  Good luck to both you and your buddy with the rest of the build, they both look like they'll be stunners. 

Thanks, bud!!, i'm glad you're liking them!!

8 hours ago, Dragonhawk1066 said:

Exceptional work on both builds so far. Definitely keeping an eye on these.

Thanks, Craig!!, did you get any of that slush-storm yesterday?   we were caught in it in Grand Rapids, but by the time we got home, it didn't hit us here in Lansing, until late night.

1 hour ago, Dann Tier said:

Thanks, Craig!!, did you get any of that slush-storm yesterday?   we were caught in it in Grand Rapids, but by the time we got home, it didn't hit us here in Lansing, until late night.

Yeah, we got a little bit of wet stuff overnight. Roads were just wet, but it stuck to the cars and the deck. Hopefully the last of old man winter for the year.