Model Cars Magazine Forum

1:1 Scale Don Garlits Wynn's Jammer Swamp Rat VI (Some Assembly Required)

When I was a kid growing up in the 1960s, I built a lot of the classic model car kits available back then from Revell, Monogram, AMT and other manufacturers.  The AMT Don Garlits Wynn's Jammer  Swamp Rat was in my top 5 favorites back then, and holds its place, even to this day. 

Legend has it that Don Garlits used to disassemble his record-breaking GMC-Blown Dodge Hemi-Powered Wynn's Jammer after every race.  It took him only about 2 hours.  Reassembly took 5 hours.  That's seems about the same ratio it takes to disassemble and reassemble the average gun in my collection for a good cleaning. 

Don Garlits Wynns Jammer Disassembled med.jpg

Edited by Mike Dobrzelecki

The man still is a frontrunner in my eyes.

He lost part of the foot due to a clutch explosion, forgot which one, forgive me.

This was great. He didn't calculate how much fuel was in the front of the car when he left the line, so it got light.. It got airborne, did a parawet and he tried drove back towards the start line. 

Just now, R.D.F. said:

The man still is a frontrunner in my eyes.

He lost part of the foot due to a clutch explosion, forgot which one, forgive me.

This was great. He didn't calculate how much fuel was in the front of the car when he left the line, so it got light.. It got airborne, did a parawet and he tried to drive back towards the start line.